craigaj
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 10, 2014
portsmouth
01/29/15 02:32 PM (9 years ago)

screens

Hi BT community, I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help with. 1) is there a limit to the amount of screens you can use? 2)is there away of tidying up the screens page, I want to use a lot of them in my app and don't want to have to search through them all to edit them in the future Thanks for your help

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/29/15 04:14 PM (9 years ago)
Welcome to Buzztouch! 1) The only 'real' limit is the memory of the device. That said, there are members who have placed hundreds of screens in their app, and it runs well. Keep in mind that if you use the 'customURL' to display a site, and you have 200 'instances' of the plugin, you're really only using 'one' screen 200 times. So even if you have a few hundred screens, you're really only using 'one' instance per screen 'type'. 2) You can display either a 'grid' or a list. At the top of a list view, you can sort by name, screen type, or modified date. That's about as 'organized' as it gets, but sorting alphabetically has always been the easiest for me. Hope you enjoy BT, and stop by the forums if you have questions! Cheers! -- Smug

craigaj
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 10, 2014
portsmouth
01/30/15 02:10 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks for your response. So your suggesting build the majority web based and send the screen to it? Thanks

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/30/15 03:59 PM (9 years ago)
Well, no... I'm just saying that number of screens shouldn't be a problem. Focus on your content, not the mechanics. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.