Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 4    Views: 108

Icion
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 14, 2013
Durban
04/24/13 09:33 PM (11 years ago)

Amazon issues

Ok, so this happened 2 weeks ago but I would like to share the experience. I had a app created on elance (Before I knew what a wonderful community was here!!!) Anyway I uploaded apps, I've attached a link for those interested. http://www.amazon.com/Icion-Tech-Sms-Coder-lite/dp/B00CA2RUNQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1366863770&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=sms+coder+lite The issues I had was that initially I mentioned on the sms and email tag that they could download the program from google play. Big mistake, apparently you are not allowed to refrence anything outside of Amazon. So lesson learned and a week wasted in the rejection box. Now... Next lesson I need to learn is how to market apps effectively :) Till next rejection, Abrie

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/24/13 09:40 PM (11 years ago)
Apple plays that same card. If you ever submit an App to Apple for review and approval, be certain never to mention any of your other platforms. They do not acknowledge that other platforms exist, and neither should you. ;) Cheers! -- Smug

Paul Rogers
Android Fan
Reg: May 30, 2011
UK
04/25/13 04:08 AM (11 years ago)
It's the same with other Android marketplaces too, for example Samsung. Which makes it almost impossible to have generic advertising in an app as most adverts have links to google play, and if you port for Blackberry, they don't allow any google references, so you need an Android api, no gcm push notifications, no scringo etc. It's a multiple apk pain in the *ss!

Icion
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 14, 2013
Durban
04/25/13 08:00 AM (11 years ago)
I got past the amazon thing buy just saying, download it from your pp store. it is a little excruciating to think to have 5 different apps jst to have on all the markets covered. But its probably a necessity thesedays

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
04/25/13 09:41 AM (11 years ago)
@raveyd you couldn't have said it better! but its nice to be able to submit to those marketplace! pain the in $#$ YES..

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.