Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 1    Views: 141

jsa986
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 19, 2012
location unknow...
02/13/12 04:15 AM (12 years ago)

Keep form documents editable

Im trying to think of a workaround for this. I have a custom form that is is in editable pdf or open office format, when i upload the document it immediately becomes un editable, i have been trying to think of a work around without sucsess. Any ideas?

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
02/13/12 11:41 AM (12 years ago)
I have never seen a PDF or Excel 'reader' on an iphone or android device that allows this. Not saying they don't exist, just haven't seen one. iOS and Android operating systems do NOT understand PDF or MS Office docs natively, they rely on licensed software from Adobe and MS to 'read' these proprietary file formats. iOS handles this different than Android but both for sure are not as powerful as one may think. When you need a PDF or MS Office document to be 'editable' by the person you deliver it to (browser, email, however) that user needs the appropriate software on their computer to edit the document. Adobe and Office respectively. Not sure how you'll get around this.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.