Discussion Forums  >  Grunts, Groans, Complaints

Replies: 4    Views: 489

ModsterMan
Veteran developer
Reg: Jul 17, 2012
Sydney
08/17/15 04:35 AM (8 years ago)

Can't get ANY new App to work anymore

I renewed because I got some clients to teach Buzztouch to - and now I can't get anything to work even though I add BT-Plugins after downloading! Modified Developer Profile - for Macbook 10.10.5 on Xcode 6.4 - gets errors immediately (already reported them) Modified Developer Profile - for iMac 10.7.5 on Xcode 4.6.3 - gets errors about no visible @interface UITable declares blah blah I have to TEACH this stuff tomorrow! Am I forgetting something obvious?!?!?

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
08/17/15 06:58 AM (8 years ago)
you are cleaning and relaunching after adding the plugins and images folders, also checking the plugin folder for required plugins, sorry for stating the obvious, some of the old plugins will have problems as they havnt been updated for new ios, im sure 1 of the guru,s will chip in with tech advice . Cheers Sean

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
08/17/15 07:57 AM (8 years ago)
I am confident the macbook build should work, it is fairly recent. It might be the way you are dragging the plugins into the project - sounds like the tickbox options might not be right?

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
08/18/15 02:42 PM (8 years ago)
In the simulator, go to File > Reset Content and Settings. Then, clean and rebuild the project. For giggles, I always delete Xcode's derived data also (kind of like an Xcode specific cache). It's a command line command, and I'd paste it here but I'm not on my Mac at the moment, but if you google it, it will pop right up.

ModsterMan
Veteran developer
Reg: Jul 17, 2012
Sydney
08/18/15 03:22 PM (8 years ago)
ALL SOLVED! Xcode now defaults to something other than Copy to Groups when adding the BT_Plugin folder. Also Device Info plugin is creating errors - just don't use it! It might work later... Thanks for your help, guys!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.