Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 3    Views: 610

recoore
I hate code!
Reg: Mar 01, 2013
Kingston
05/17/13 02:34 AM (10 years ago)

Image Logo in Navigation Bar - for android

Can someone tell how to put an image LOGO in the middle of the navigation bar?..I am building for android

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
05/17/13 04:18 AM (10 years ago)

recoore
I hate code!
Reg: Mar 01, 2013
Kingston
05/17/13 09:03 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Thanks for the reply, How ever my concern is the same as those express shown below the dotted line below. MYSPS, I am thinking that this should be fairly easy, without troubling the existing 10 x 35 tile-able default NavBar. Couldn't a line of code be written/modified to "overlay" the NAVBAR with an image logo that has a transparent background. so the logo sits on top of the bar and thus give the impression the the image is in the NAVBAR? Everton ........................................................................ on Self Hosted the image name for the Android titlebar is hardcoded into the BT_viewUtilities Look @ line 107 You can overwrite the file name there or use your own The default is just a 10x35 grey png file that tiles. you can replace that file, rename it or make your own. You can change the size of that titlebar if you use a bigger image or tinker with the xml file. Lots of options to dress it up. I have modified with a custom image but seems to stretch the image to fit, this concerns me as each varying screen size will re-size image automatically and make the nav bar ugly.

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
05/17/13 09:37 AM (10 years ago)
With iOS, it can be easily accomplished, and I've done this before. With Android, I wouldn't a clue I'm afraid.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.