Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 3    Views: 128

PCGS Teacher
I hate code!
Reg: Jan 18, 2012
Pella
01/19/12 01:36 PM (12 years ago)

Where is Eclipse at?

Hi There, I am trying to create an app for our school and I am incredibly confused on how to get the thing configured for actual use! When I download the Android option from buzztouch, I get a folder with a bunch of other folders in it. None of those folders are named Eclipse...where is it or how do I get it? I am not a programming person whatsoever and am struggling. Thank you so much for all of your help.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/19/12 01:56 PM (12 years ago)
Hi, Welcome to Buzztouch! Check these docs out...they should get you on your way: http://www.buzztouch.com/resources/Things_You_Need_Before_You_Start_Developing_Apps_v1.0.pdf http://www.buzztouch.com/resources/Setting_Up_Your_Android_Development_Environment_v1.2.pdf Let us know if you have any questions...lots of people here eager to help! Thanks, Mark

PCGS Teacher
I hate code!
Reg: Jan 18, 2012
Pella
01/19/12 02:43 PM (12 years ago)
The setting up your android environment document looks extremely helpful-is there one that leads you through step by step, with screenshots, for Mac instead of windows?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/19/12 02:48 PM (12 years ago)
Hi, Not really...I haven't written that one up yet. It's essentially the same. You download both Eclipse and Android SDK, and unzip them somewhere. No need to install Java because it's already there with Mac. Then all the remaining instructions should basically work. Give it a go, and let me know if you have issues. I have it running on both Mac and Windows. Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.