JW
Lost but trying
Reg: Feb 04, 2020
Wolcott
02/05/20 05:37 AM (4 years ago)

Stuck on the launching pad!

I just signed up for the trial to Buzztouch yesterday. I followed the instructional videos to see my first app in a simulator in Xcode but I keep getting a "Build Failed" error. When I click the "Fix Issue" button I get another error message: "No devices, Creating a profile requires having a device registered in the Member Center". Went to my apple developer account and registered my Mac but still no luck. Any help would be really appreciated.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
02/06/20 05:20 AM (4 years ago)
have look in stack overflow for fixing your device registering prob, cant realy start anything till your device has registered with your xcode :) putting your problem in google and searching will show up all kinds of helpfull links in stack overflow :)

JW
Lost but trying
Wolcott
02/06/20 06:48 AM (4 years ago)
I am also getting an error message in left column: “BT_viewController.m” and under that is: Use of undeclared identifier ‘NSFoundationonVersionnumber_jOS_9_0' Is this something to do with the download code from BT to use in Xcode? I don't understand about registering a device if you are trying to use the simulator? I don't have an iphone to register????? I did register my mac in my apple developer account.

JW
Lost but trying
Wolcott
02/06/20 07:13 AM (4 years ago)
Don't know why my last post posted twice???

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
02/06/20 09:25 AM (4 years ago)
Hi JW! It sounds like in your Build settings you're trying to build for a native device (that's why Xcode is looking for a profile). In the top left corner of Xcode there is a dropdown for your Run destination. It's the option to the right of your app name, and the play / stop buttons for building. Right now, yours is probably saying "Generic iOS device", or the name of the device you have connected to your computer. Instead, select a simulator from the dropdown. Here's some Apple documentation guiding you through choosing your run destination: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/running_your_app_in_the_simulator_or_on_a_device Also, assuming the error you posted is verbatim, the "j" in the build string should be a letter "i", and the word "number" should be capitalized. You should be able to directly replace it with this: "NSFoundationVersionNumber_iOS_9_0". (Or you can re-download a build from your app dashboard to make sure you have the original source).

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
02/07/20 07:06 AM (4 years ago)
its always better to test your apps on live device anyway as it will act differant on a simulator, dont need new iphone or anything, you could pick up 6+ on ebay for under £100 cheers sean

JW
Lost but trying
Wolcott
02/07/20 09:04 AM (4 years ago)
I do have the Run destination set to a simulator "IPhone 5" and the "NSFoundationonVersionnumber_jOS_9_0" was my typo error. The error message is actually "BT_view_Controller.m"............"Use of undeclared identifier 'NSFoundationVersionNumber_iOS_9_0'". I tried changing the "Team" setting to None instead of me. I tried messing with the Bundle identifier (as was suggested in Stack Overflow). I tried signing out of my developer account. I tried various simulators. Nothing changes the "Build Failed" error!

JW
Lost but trying
Wolcott
02/07/20 08:36 PM (4 years ago)
I do have the Run destination set to a simulator "IPhone 5" and the "NSFoundationonVersionnumber_jOS_9_0" was my typo error. The error message is actually "BT_view_Controller.m"............"Use of undeclared identifier 'NSFoundationVersionNumber_iOS_9_0'". I tried changing the "Team" setting to None instead of me. I tried messing with the Bundle identifier (as was suggested in Stack Overflow). I tried signing out of my developer account. I tried various simulators. Nothing changes the "Build Failed" error!

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
02/11/20 06:03 PM (4 years ago)
Hey JW, What version of Xcode are you using? (I've tested the latest Buzztouch builds with support up to Xcode 10.1) Are you building for Debug or Release? Are there any other details Xcode gives regarding the build failing?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.