Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 5    Views: 238

Caslor
Android Fan
Reg: Jul 26, 2013
athens
11/01/15 10:51 AM (8 years ago)

what version i have?

Hi is any method to clear what version of selfhost buzztouch do i have? i can see at the bottom ''powered by Buzztouch™ v2.1.9 '' but i am not sure if that is true i had very long time to login and use my selfhost server.. so i cant remember the version i had install in project preparation i have this option ''Use the Buzztouch Core for Android v3.0 (latest, device requires Android 4.0 or above)'' so if i remember well that was an option for buzztouch v3 right? Thanks in advance

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/01/15 04:21 PM (8 years ago)
Chances are, you're using BT v3. If you were using BTv2 of anything, you'd be experiencing a lot more problems due to changes in deprecated code. Cheers! -- Smug

Caslor
Android Fan
athens
11/02/15 12:06 AM (8 years ago)
Thanks :) The true is that havent download the code.... just pressed to prepare it so i dont know if i would have problems during compiling it... in the main menu of my self hosted buzztouch was an option to check for updates when press to check it... it says that there is a newer update for my server... so maybe i have to try to install anyway the v3 to be sure... Are any ''How to'' for updating the servers? I know that have to do all the same steps as i was installing it from the beginning... Just want to be sure that i will not lose any of my apps and my database during the proceeder ..

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
11/02/15 04:16 AM (8 years ago)
I did a whole migration, and although I didn't document it, the steps are relatively easy. 1) Backup everything. EVERYTHING. Your MySQL database, and your self hosted directories, specifically 'files'. Yes it seems like overkill, but you never know what file from where will be needed. At minimum, backup your config.php and your 'files' directory (empty the files/temp dir before backup) 2) Upload the new files via FTP, overwriting your existing files (that you backed up, right??) 3) Go through the installation procedure again, using the same information from your config.php (that you backed up, right??) 4) Replace the 'new' config.php with your old one, or edit the new one to match the values of the old one. (provided this is merely an upgrade, and no changing of locations, etc...) 5) Check to make sure your API key is still valid. If not, create a new one. 6) Change line 72 of your config.php file to '3.0.0', as David never did. That's about it. I think. Just make sure everything is backed up, in the rare event that you have to put it all back. Cheers! -- Smug

Caslor
Android Fan
athens
11/05/15 11:26 AM (8 years ago)
Everything went fine :) Thanks my friend :)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
11/05/15 04:53 PM (8 years ago)
Glad to hear it :) Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.