Discussion Forums  >  Images, Documents, File Locations

Replies: 3    Views: 210

franz818
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 12, 2014
Melbourne
06/18/14 06:28 PM (9 years ago)

Names of businesses and their locations

The app I am working on consists of names of different businesses you can go to and a few details of what they can offer people. Do I need each business' permission to do this?? If so how do I go about it??

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/18/14 06:44 PM (9 years ago)
Typically you would not need a businesses 'permission' to list their business in your directory; it's a matter of public record. The only time someone would have an issue, is if you were to list the physical location of the local FBI or CIA office; they frown on publicity. But if it's "Nick's Golf Accessories" you're not going to run into any problems. Cheers! -- Smug

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
06/18/14 10:24 PM (9 years ago)
If you post negative information about a business, you will probably hear from them. Like Yelp has been. Or, if you post factually incorrect information about a business, its owner, employees, products, hours... If your directory has a theme and you cast the business in a false light on the basis of that theme... The fundamental principle of free speech is truth. The fundamental principle of business slander is whether you cause shoppers to stay away.

franz818
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 12, 2014
Melbourne
06/19/14 01:17 AM (9 years ago)
My whole aim will be to send them there

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.