Discussion Forums  >  Images, Documents, File Locations

Replies: 6    Views: 233

richiecork
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 03, 2014
Galway
09/07/14 01:13 PM (9 years ago)

Where to Place Power Point Documents?

Hi I am trying to add a power point document to my app, but am unsure where to place the document. I have tried to place it in the BT_Docs directory but it does not appear in the app. Should I put it somewhere else? Thanks Richie

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
09/07/14 08:39 PM (9 years ago)
Nope; BT_Docs is where it should go, regardless of Android or iOS. But remember when you add documents to your project, make sure the environment (eclipse or xcode) is running. drag your document (pdf, ppt, whatever) into the BT_Docs directory, and this 'should' cause a dialog box to appear. Make sure that 'copy' is checked, as well as the target app. Try that and see if it helps. Cheers! -- Smug (And welcome to Buzztouch! Hope things work out, but if not, yell on the forums!)

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
09/07/14 10:38 PM (9 years ago)
I would print-convert your PPT files to PDF format. Then the PDF files will faithfully render your screens. I have found PPT rendering by the built-in iOS library to be not 100% perfect. PDF has usually been in the 100% range. -- Niraj

feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
09/08/14 07:00 AM (9 years ago)
Thats what i do ppt to pdf

richiecork
Aspiring developer
Galway
09/08/14 09:47 AM (9 years ago)
Hi guys Thanks for the replies. I followed Smug's suggestion and I can see part of the ppt document now so thanks for that, however it only shows the first 2 slides, are these the sorts of issues that you guys have seen before and can they be rectified with some setting change? I haven't tried to display a PDF yet but I will try that too. Also a bit off topic I know and let me know if I should raise a new topic for it, but when I add a new plugin to my app from buzz touch, then is the only way for me to see it in Xcode (and hence my app) is to download the entire source code of the app ad reload it in Xcode? That is what I am doing at the moment, but if there was a way for me just to download the code for the plugin then I would not need to do that. Cheers Richie

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
09/09/14 04:57 AM (9 years ago)
To make it easier, before you prepare the project for downloading: 1. Install all the free and paid plugins 2. Check all the boxes for plugins in the Prepare screen 3. Download your bigger project That way, all the unused plugins will be in your Xcode project waiting to be activated by the Control Panel. -- Niraj

richiecork
Aspiring developer
Galway
09/09/14 05:58 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Niraj That is a good idea, thanks for that! Cheers Richie

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.