Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 7    Views: 233

Zapkerpow
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 22, 2013
Salt Lake City
12/29/13 06:29 PM (10 years ago)

Sound board design. Need help with creating sound banks

I am almost finished with design. What I need help with is how to create loadable sound banks from a UITableView from a UIPopover. That is already written and working. I am just trying to find a efficient way to load sound banks into the 20 buttons. My idea is to use a Plist to load the cells in the tableView. and load the sound set, when user selects a cell. Dismissing the Popover TableView Re-using the existing xib,buttons etc. for efficiency. Any ideas or direction would be very appreciated. Thanks to everyone -K

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
12/29/13 11:55 PM (10 years ago)
Are the sound files loaded into an array? (This may be more useful than loading from a Plist if the files are included in the Xcode bundle) You could enumerate the array: for(NSString *fileName in arrayName) { //load method for sound playing } Does this help? Jake

Zapkerpow
Aspiring developer
Salt Lake City
12/30/13 12:31 AM (10 years ago)
Thank you for responding. I looked at the possibility or NSArray at one point. But did not seem to do what I needed. I need to reuse the same buttons with methods, IBOutlets etc. Trying to keep everything in once scene with 1 Popover to load new sounds. NSArray could be a solutions I just do not understand it enough maybe

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
12/30/13 10:38 AM (10 years ago)
Since you are in the same town and he is on break from school, contact theMonster for a coffee meetup. He is a good developer in iOS. I think he did the In-App Purchasing (IAP) plugin. Send him a Private Direct Message https://www.buzztouch.com/theMonster

Zapkerpow
Aspiring developer
Salt Lake City
12/30/13 11:38 AM (10 years ago)
Thank you Niraj, I just sent him a message. Happy New Year

Zapkerpow
Aspiring developer
Salt Lake City
12/31/13 01:35 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks everyone I found a solution. That solved my problem. Hope this helps someone in the future. It was by using story boards. Creating a Single view app (iPad) . adding custom UIButtons for the navigation. I did not want tab bars at all. added new views (scenes) created the button grid per scene with .h, .m class files and unique color scheme. Connected my segues to each scene and a return button for Main Menu. Each scene has its own logic and sound set. Without having to use multiple .xib files (not recommended by Apple). The Storyboard handles all the navigation without the need for writing the code. I learned so much while creating this project. My next will be easier to build. I also enjoyed joining this Buzztouch community, that is as helpful as they can be. Happy New Year Cheers -K

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
01/01/14 01:06 AM (10 years ago)
Excellent progress! Congratulations -- must feel good. You have cast a spell of good fortune upon us for this new year. :-) -- Niraj

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
01/01/14 01:08 AM (10 years ago)
By the way, compare yours with the Soundboard plugin by Sheri. https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=C3D2C277207E1841B9BCE7A You should consider turning your code and storyboard into a bona-fide plugin. Let us know if you need help on that journey. - Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.