Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 5    Views: 242

home
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 06, 2014
Santiago de Chi...
03/11/14 02:01 PM (10 years ago)

Sounds for my app

Dear All, Im new, I became a member of BT. I have no idea about codes, however thanks to BT Im making my first app. My doubt is that I can't add sound files (Just two) for the quiz Im using. I have mp3 files, but I see that BT does not allow to include it. Im working also with xcode, so my question is : Exist a tutorial or easy way to include these sounds in my quizz (just two files : right answer and wrong answer) Thanks everybody for your patient....

Tony @ Buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 05, 2011
Saint Louis, Mi...
03/11/14 04:19 PM (10 years ago)
@Home, first welcome to Buzztouch. Our community is amazing and to have you apart of it makes it even better! Couple of things you can do. You can add as many sound files as you want in your xcode project. You can then tell you project in your control panel to use the sound you want that is in your project. You can upload your sounds to your server and just point to them by using a URL, or just become a BT member upload your file right to your BT control panel and bam your good to go. We would love to have you as member. Check your you email I sent you something! Welcome!!! Tony Buzztouch

Masons App Design
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 06, 2013
Andrews, TX
03/12/14 05:51 AM (10 years ago)
@home welcome to BT you have came to the right place. I ran into this issue as well on my first app. On your BT control panel in the quiz plugin you will manually type in the file name for the sound(i.e. correct.mp3 or incorrect.mp3) then when you compile your project for iOS or android you add these audio files into the project just make sure the audio file name matched what you enterned manually in the control panel. For android the audio file will go into the audio file under assets and for iOS the audio will go into the xcode audio file. Then when you run the project it should work just fine.

home
Aspiring developer
Santiago de Chi...
03/18/14 11:06 AM (10 years ago)
Tony / Masons : Thanks you very much for your responses. I followed Mason's instructions (I added the audio files in the Xcode project inside the BT_Audio folder, however it doesnt work) while Im running the quiz, in the xcode "output" section says: "playSoundInBundle:ERROR. This sound effect is not included in the list of available sounds: right.mp3" Even I tried by adding the sound "right.caf" however it doesnt work neither. :-(

home
Aspiring developer
Santiago de Chi...
03/20/14 01:20 PM (10 years ago)
Dear Tony, I read that if I turned Member I could add sound files in my BT panel, please let me know if am I wrong you told me "just become a BT member upload your file right to your BT control panel and bam your good to go"... Perhaps I misunderstood, however I can´t add audio files to my BT panel

Masons App Design
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 06, 2013
Andrews, TX
03/21/14 11:03 AM (10 years ago)
Ok I think I know what is going on. It does not matter if you are a memeber or not when it comes to audio files. In the BT control panel for the quiz screen for the coorect and incorrect sound effects you need me manually type in the file name which needs to be .mp3. Then when you add the file to the project you need to ensure the file name matched what you type in on the control panel.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.