Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 2    Views: 229

pulverdingen
I hate code!
Reg: Jan 04, 2012
pulverdingen
01/11/14 01:38 AM (10 years ago)

Stupid question..But........First screen on app to show a VID..

Hi, i was just wondering...Is there any way to have it so that when the App (iOS) first opens there is a video shown, about 5 sec, and then from there it continues into the main menu??

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/11/14 02:10 AM (10 years ago)
If you can't find a splash screen that would do that natively, you can probably tap Chris1 for advice; he's done a few splash screen variations… Keep in mind you'll probably want the video 'in' the app, and not accessed via URL, otherwise the 5 second video might take 10 seconds to load ;) Cheers! -- Smug

Dragon007
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 17, 2011
London
01/11/14 04:46 AM (10 years ago)
I would use the Animated Splash Plugin. Save your 5 second video file to a seqance of .jpg files at a frame rate of about 15 frames per second. Title each image 'image1, image2 and so on. Drop into the BT_Image folder. Total number images would be about 75 images for a 5 sec video if you do it right. It works very well. Try if you can to keep the file size down for each jpg. Its a long process but worth it.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.