Discussion Forums  >  BT.com Website, Account Questions

Replies: 10    Views: 638

AppGuy30
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 29, 2011
location unknow...
02/04/16 12:57 PM (8 years ago)

Buzztouch.com's Future....

Hello, It has been a while since I have posted on the forum . My reason for this posting is simple. What is the future of buzztouch? I joined buzztouch back in 2011, I can remember the beta-builds of it and al of the excitement with it and progress moving forward with the concept. Since then buzztouch has died down each year it feels like. What can we do to bring it back? And whats the plan David? You have made it this far? Why stop now? Thanks, AppGuy30

feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
02/04/16 01:58 PM (8 years ago)
Well I love this community. Im sure David is still working on the update. Im sure its very complex and not easy. The excitement of the daily forum posts are great. I would say more sharing. Share some ideas, links tutorials ect. I think us users need to help each other more. But I would also say to be patient. David has been 100 percent clear with his plan. I'm sure he's still working on it.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
02/05/16 03:52 AM (8 years ago)
I understand how you feel @Appguy30. The energy in the forums has dipped and we don't see much of David here at the moment, which in turn makes me personally a little less certain about what the future will bring. @Feraco rightly points out that David has stated his plan https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=F6ECAF28444A58538F4CF59 To me, a plan consists of three main elements - Cost, Scope and Timescales. We know what *our* costs are, scope may or may not be the same and timescales are currently unknown. I accept we need to be patient, but is also natural for us to want to have our expectations managed as well. One of my personal concerns is that David may be trying to do everything he said in one 'big bang'. Another is that I don't really understand BTCentral, which I suspect may be a pivotal change. But I only know what is going on from what is said in the forums. So in short, I agree, I think an update with an indication of timescales would go down really well. Alan

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
02/06/16 08:11 PM (8 years ago)
It takes alot of work to do his new upgrade. I know you read his long post about the changes hes making. That takes alot of time especially if he's the only one writing all that code

Fingers Crossed
Veteran developer
Reg: Jan 16, 2012
Simcoe, ON
02/06/16 10:18 PM (8 years ago)
I'll confess to being concerned too . Buzztouch fits an interesting niche, especially around small markets and fluid updating! That said, I don't have a business that caters to it. For the $60 (or whatever) I was paying, I was happy to keep it ticking along. I have a couple of low level apps that I keep out there but not to finance anything. I do have a self hosted setup too, but don't utilize it as I should. Now the cost has gone up considerably (I'm not complaining, I get it), I am less likely to let them tick along while we're in a 'wait state' for an extended period of time. I'll switch to a monthly plan instead of annual while I'm in a 'wait state' I know 'big plans' were afoot, but without knowing what they are, and how they will affect the end product it's hard to take the leap. I do however support David and his intentions, and will hang around to at least see where it's going, and then see. Some feedback would be nice though, just so we would know when to start hoping ;) My 2c worth, which since it's Canadian, isn't worth a whole lot :P

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
02/07/16 05:52 AM (8 years ago)
>especially if he's the only one writing all that code This well might be the root of the problem.

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
02/07/16 10:11 AM (8 years ago)
I think everyone is concerned. A few key players still seem to be in touch with him, but considering he has gone all in with BT as his full-time job I would have expected to see more by this point. Aside from his post a few weeks ago regarding the Android PHP issue there has been no visible activity from him since his big announcement 4 months ago. He hasn't even responded to this thread. No more of those podcasts either. As someone said he is doing everything alone and seems to want to release everything at once when it is all finished. I personally don't care about the app or a lot of the other features. In the meantime the BT core and plugins are getting more and more out of date. BT has gone through several revisions over the years and several ideas which probably took a lot of work, like BT university, have already gone away. He needs to just get something out there for us to play with and add/update/modify as needed. My two cents. Now we're up to 4 cents!

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
02/08/16 11:30 AM (8 years ago)
it is very frustrating that there is still no communication at all... I don't understand why David can't at least post 14 day updates on the progress. I can't believe he is doing buzztouch full time! Probably doing other paid jobs to earn his living. Very sad, as it is at least worth a try to release the new paid version and see how it goes.

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 22, 2012
Perth, Australi...
02/14/16 10:26 PM (8 years ago)
Hi Guys, In some ways I can understand your frustrations. Unfortunately none of us are privy to what is happening in David's life and neither should we, it's none of our business. I think David openly gave an update last year as to his predicament of making a living vs making buzztouch work while trying to make a living. It is clear that it would be impossible for anyone to live off Buzztouch right now, David has carried the costs for very long and at some point needs to look after himself. David has always been upfront and transparent with all of us, by virtue of the fact that is has been that visible lately would tell you that he has other more pressing issues than BT, but also the fact that he has not come out to say listen thats it this is not worth it, tells us even more. He would have said that if he felt that was the case. Hopefully we all remember what a bargain we have been getting for the last couple of years and give him some slack and to when/what is the next step in BT history. I am sure there are a lot of people out there still using the current system to push out many many apps. I for one am very grateful for what I have learnt in this forum from people like David and the rest of the usual suspects. Keep the faith

Moto110
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 26, 2011
Orlando, FL
02/23/16 08:49 AM (8 years ago)
My BT plan is up for renewal in a couple of weeks. I plan on paying for the annual plan however as others have mentioned with nothing from David in a long time it is concerning. I have been waiting to start on app updates in fear that the core will change just as I am ready to publish. With radio silence from David since posting about the future of Buzztouch and the new pricing plans I am concerned. He mentioned having monthly plugins that he would create along with other benefits as part of the reason for going to a subscription model. These are things I would want to incorporate into my apps but don't know when or if to actually expect them. A lot of us have already renewed or are coming up on renewal and none of what was mentioned months ago has happened. I think most of us just want so sort of transparency as to what is happening with the Buzztouch platform.

epicweb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 30, 2012
Glen Carbon
03/08/16 11:41 AM (8 years ago)
I let my membership expire. Buzztouch seems to be dying a slow death. I think its funny that paying members receive no communication, no updates and no new features but continue to renew in hopes that something new will happen. Kinda sad.. BT was very promising but never fully lived up to all that it could have been. The one great thing about BT was this forum and even that's not what it used to be. I have no idea why I still find myself checking back on this forum every month or so to see what's new... well I guess I got my answer from this post.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.