WolfTimJ
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 20, 2011
Rockwall, TX
Fourm StarFourm Star
09/19/22 05:22 PM (6 days ago)

iOS 16 crashes app

Many apps crashing with iOS 16 update. Also having problem getting Xcode 14 to clean the app without errors. One red X error build: 'iAd/ADBannerView.h' file not found. I have the iAd framework dependency added. I've never used Ads, unnnecessary code from Buzz but unsure how to clean it all out.

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
Fourm StarFourm Star
09/21/22 12:11 AM (4 days ago)
Hi WolfTimJ, Is there a specific feature or plugin that is causing your app to crash? I've tested the current stable Buzztouch build (Buzztouch Core v4.0.6 for iOS) on iOS 16 since day 1, and although there are some warnings in the project it's mostly stable. If you complied your apps previous, iOS16 did remove support for several deprecated frameworks a full list can be viewed here: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/ios-ipados-release-notes/ios-16-release-notes Regarding the iAd code, iAd has been deprecated since 2016 so it's recommended that you remove all references in your next update (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/iad/iad_framework_documentation_release_notes). Perhaps you could download your current projects from Buzztouch's Download Project page and then compare the changes you would have made to the individual plugins or project files and bring those over to the new source code? Xcode comes with a useful app called FileMerge that can be used to highlight differences between files, folders or projects...

WolfTimJ
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 20, 2011
Rockwall, TX
Fourm StarFourm Star
09/21/22 03:15 AM (4 days ago)
Got it to build by removing all the ad code. The crashes are fixed using iOS 16.1 beta so just waiting.for its release. All my projects are self hosted, haven’t updated the server in years. Not sure that’s even possible anymore?

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
Fourm StarFourm Star
09/21/22 08:57 PM (4 days ago)
Glad to hear the crashes are fixed in the next beta! Any clues as to what was causing the crashes? The last release for the Self Hosted server was Buzztouch v4.0.4. Apps downloaded in this version will receive Buzztouch Core v4.0.6 for iOS and Buzztouch Core v4.0.3 for Android. (These are the latest versions released).

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.