Discussion Forums  >  Introduce Yourself

Replies: 10    Views: 504

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne, FL
12/01/17 12:54 AM (6 years ago)

Mark Flemming/GoNorthwest

Sue Metoxen has informed me that Mark has died. Mark was a born again Christian always showing me the attributes of God as he never stopped helping others. I communicated with Mark several times in the past 2 years and he always carried himself with absolute faith in his Lord and savior Jesus. I say this because Marks character was outstanding always helping others and he committed his life to God with all faith. Never wavering in the midst of a life battle he was a true testimony of God living within man. I met Mark at our first Buzztouch meeting in St Louis and we always stayed in touch. He lived to help all of us in this community. He helped everyone with anything where ever he was. Mark was simply an awesome person and family man. Marks entire family has struggled with various problems medically throughout his own battle with cancer. Their family has been under a barrage of medical issues for a long time and quite severe in nature but he stood his ground and never wavered in faith and was always positive. As a community let us all tip a glass in toast to Mark Flemming AKA GoNorthwest. Those that pray let us join together in faith and prayer for his family who have been through the ringer. What a privilege to know Mark it has been. What a privilege!!!!!!!!!! Mark loved this community with all his heart and I think the amount of post he created says that clearly

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
12/01/17 02:34 AM (6 years ago)
RIP Mark AKA GoNorthWest. A great asset to Buzztouch.

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
12/01/17 04:27 AM (6 years ago)
A big loss and a dark day for BT community. Thank you for all the support Mark. RIP

Higgey
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 07, 2011
West Midlands
12/01/17 05:10 AM (6 years ago)
I'm so sorry to hear about Mark. I had been following his situation and he battled his health problems with great dignity and determination. He helped me a great deal and I remain indebted to him. My deepest condolences go to his family. Prayers will be said for Mark and for all of his family. A man to admire, I believe. Mark Fleming, GoNorthWest, RIP.

Sherry
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 05, 2013
South Africa
12/01/17 08:24 AM (6 years ago)
So sorry to hear about Mark. I have been following his journey via his blog posts and he was a real inspiration in how he always remained positive. He was also a huge asset to the BT Community and will be missed.

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
12/02/17 01:56 AM (6 years ago)
Such sad news. May he rest in peace.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
12/02/17 09:20 AM (6 years ago)
Terrible news the other day, simply awful. Mark was a special sort of chap on many levels. He was responsible for countless people making their first foray into app development burning the midnight oil fixing peoples problems and expecting nothing back in return. He was driven by a very real desire to help others achieve their dreams even when facing battles of his own that most of us simply cannot comprehend. Some of the fondest memories I have of BT involved GoNorthWest some 6-7 years ago. We had the friendliest of rivalries for a few years, he would always come out on top of course being the sharper cat of the two of us but it felt like we were experiencing something magical as we raced to welcome new users and assist others. There probably wasn't a user in the first 5 years that Mark didn't assist, encourage or just share a welcoming hello. He was a gent, scholar, loving caring man who's contributions to the lives of many are probably unparalleled in any fledgling online community. BT would not have been what it was without his time, insights and gracious giving. He was one heck of a man. RIP buddy.

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 22, 2012
Perth, Australi...
12/02/17 06:28 PM (6 years ago)
I echo all the thoughts expressed here and have reached out to his family privately. To give you an understanding of how much he contributed to this forum, here is an incredible stat: Mark in his 2000 odd days of being a member, viewed a BT forum over 95,000 times, and on average he posted to the forum 1 in 10 of those visits. He was a selfless giver in everything he did. We were honoured to be part of his life. RIP our friend.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
12/02/17 08:15 PM (6 years ago)
Thank you Mark for everything. So sad to hear of your passing.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
12/04/17 04:59 AM (6 years ago)
sorry to hear this, I was amazed at his bravery while going through his issues, he always had a kind and helpful post to read, rest it peace dude xx

CSSZiegler
I hate code!
Reg: May 30, 2012
Monsey, New Yor...
12/05/17 12:02 PM (6 years ago)
R.I.P. brother

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.