Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 3    Views: 332

Dragon007
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 17, 2011
London
07/14/14 04:39 AM (9 years ago)

Android Tab Bar Question?

Hi I've been building an app for Android devices using HTML5 and JQuery mobile and discovered that Android Tab Bar is now displayed at the top. The problem I have now is I have 3 bars at the top which looks ridiculous, I have for some reason a top bar that has the app icon displayed, underneath I have the Tab Bar menu and then I have my title bar with a refresh button as well and its just ridiculously stupid. Now I have finished moaning, I want to know if its possible to get rid of the top bar that shows the app icon. Not sure why its there and what purpose it serves but its a pain and isn't needed. Is it possible to hide this bar?

Dragon007
Lost but trying
London
07/14/14 05:22 AM (9 years ago)
Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I now have 4th bar at the bottom of my app which is a nav bar that shows a refresh button and a back button. This is getting even more silly, how did Android think what they done was a good idea.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
07/14/14 11:02 AM (9 years ago)
custom url plugin?

Dragon007
Lost but trying
London
07/19/14 02:25 AM (9 years ago)
Hi CM Didn't realise I received any post on this thread, so I hope reply. Yes I am using a custom URL plugin. I have managed to remove the buttom nav bar by using the settings for the behavior of this plugin; but can I ask you whether you get top bar with the app icon displayed? This is what I want to get rid off but I can only get rid if I hide the tab bar menu which I need. Any ideas?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.