Discussion Forums  >  Capturing Images, Uploading Data

Replies: 8    Views: 198

crystadesigngroup
Veteran developer
Reg: Nov 13, 2011
Los Angeles
06/07/12 12:34 PM (11 years ago)

Upload Image/FIle with Form or Text

Hi, I believe this has already been asked hundreds of times and probably a few people before me, but I am ultimately also looking for your opinions. My goal is to make it where a user can click something and it will upload an image (e-mail it). I am using ver 1.5 and have done so with the Image Uploader However, is there a way to create a form that they could then click a button linking them to the image uploader and then input all into an email on the device. I would like this to be all in app. Any other suggestions on how to acheive this (besides having them fill out the form with a "code" and have them include the "code" with the image. THANK YOU!

crystadesigngroup
Veteran developer
Los Angeles
06/07/12 12:59 PM (11 years ago)
Sorry meant Image Emailer screen. I am using WP and realize you could email to post but I kind-of want to make sure its legit.

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
06/07/12 04:58 PM (11 years ago)
So, as I understand it you wish to send the image as an attachment to the email. Is that correct? iOS or Android ? Fred

crystadesigngroup
Veteran developer
Los Angeles
06/07/12 05:29 PM (11 years ago)
Correct. iOS.

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
location unknow...
06/07/12 06:50 PM (11 years ago)
I'm having trouble understanding why the image mailer screen won't work for this. Are the images in the app? Or added by the user? Fred

crystadesigngroup
Veteran developer
Los Angeles
06/07/12 07:32 PM (11 years ago)
The Image Mailer screen lets you e-mail an image, I am looking to have it where: A.) The user fills out a form in the app, selects an image from their photo gallery or takes a photo with the built-in camera and ALL of that gets e-mailed or B.) The e-mail that the Image Mailer pulls up contains pre-filled information so the user can quickly and easily know what to fill out and than it would send it as 1 e-mail or I guess this could also show an Information button that would pull up a pop up screen telling them what to fill out and they could hit an x button or back button to get back to the e-mail. Thanks for your help.

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
location unknow...
06/07/12 08:26 PM (11 years ago)
Seems like you have two options. 1) Use HTML (Don't have the details, email part is easy, calling the camera not so easy) 2) Go into the file containing the Image emailer code and add code to allow what your asking to do. No, don't know the specifics. (Sounds complicated) I'm working on html camera solution, but don't have it at this time. Fred

crystadesigngroup
Veteran developer
Los Angeles
06/07/12 10:23 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks for the help Fred. I appreciate it. Calling the camera through HTML seems to be somewhat impossible unless you jailbreak the phone. Creating a screen with info on how to upload and then a button perhaps that goes to the image emailer. Ultimately I would just need them to know the subject is the image caption. Think that is too hard for the average user to figure out? :)

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
location unknow...
06/07/12 10:30 PM (11 years ago)
Not familiar with Xcode, but I would think it would be relatively simple. In the screen where you enter the email address I would think your could add a text box for the content. But I can see unexpected problems. Fred

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.