Chris from Stafford
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 14, 2013
Stafford
04/16/17 05:24 AM (7 years ago)

Privacy Policy Help

Updating my Android App had this message: Warnings Your APK is using permissions that require a privacy policy: (android.permission.CAMERA, android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO, android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE, android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS, android.permission.READ_CONTACTS). I've never had this before and not sure how to write a privacy policy - is there a generic one out there suitable for Android Apps?

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
04/16/17 10:34 AM (7 years ago)
i just copied a general privacy policy for apps, theres loads on line, just make sure to reword sections in it to suit you, then just hosted it on my server and posted the link in policy section in android, got accepted, i used same one for all my apps on android sean

Chris from Staffor...
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 14, 2013
Stafford
04/17/17 01:32 AM (7 years ago)
Thanks for that I found a link and it's the same as yours as it happens - fairly simple but my app has been accepted. I was getting a bit concerned as some of the sites that charge for the service seemed so complicated

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
04/17/17 01:43 AM (7 years ago)
good glad it helped, just use the same link on all your apps, thats what i did and they all got accepted. Sean

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.