Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 6    Views: 349

kingelessar
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 10, 2014
UK
04/23/14 04:00 AM (9 years ago)

external link webpage displays on my own background colour

Has anyone had this that if you have an html file (html doc plugin) with a certain background color, and external links on that page, the external website will display on your background colour?

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
04/23/14 07:25 AM (9 years ago)
Yes. The background color is a view behind the webview, so any web page changes will still be on top of the background. To get around this, set the background to white on the control panel and useCSS to set the background of whatever page you're working with.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
04/23/14 07:51 AM (9 years ago)
I think the background colour on your control panel should be set to 'clear'. Try both!

kingelessar
Lost but trying
UK
04/23/14 08:29 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Chris and Alan, Thanks for the advice!! When I change the colour to white, I get the external webpage also on white, which is much better than my blue, though not necessarily always ideal. If I set it to clear, I get the external website displayed over the top of my background image. That would make sense if the html page from which I'm linking had a background image set for it, but it hasn't. So I'm assuming it's taken from the preceding menu page. Is that possible? And if so, is there a solution? Many thanks Oliver

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
04/23/14 11:05 AM (9 years ago)
Maybe try creating a clear png image and setting it as the background image for the HTML screen? That way it should remove any previous background image set by a former screen, such as a menu.

kingelessar
Lost but trying
UK
04/23/14 02:00 PM (9 years ago)
No luck with the transparent image (good idea though). Using white background color is the best work-around, it seems. Unless it's possible to have all external http links opened in Safari?

kingelessar
Lost but trying
UK
04/23/14 02:06 PM (9 years ago)
(edit) OK I tried again and I thought it had worked after all, but no. The background image from the menu page still comes through. If you have a transparent background image also on the html doc screen and add something to that second background image,like text, the external webpage will be displayed on a combination of the two images. LOL Never mind.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.