allbrown
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 22, 2016
toronto
04/05/16 09:54 AM (8 years ago)

Error: Error parsing...

I discovered "buzztouch" about 5 weeks ago and ever since I have been trying to download all the proper things I need to create an app. I know my way around a computer well enough to get into trouble once everything has been downloaded and usually by the IT dept. I'm doing this on my own and I'm not ready to give up yet! I have however seen too many "youtube" videos that leave me more confused!! Ok, I think I'm now very close? I have a windows 10 and after I downloaded "android studio" into "eclipse", I'm now being shown the following error. Error: Error parsing C:UsersAlexAppDataLocalAndroidandroid-sdksystem-imagesandroid-22android-weararmeabi-v7adevices.xml cvc-complex-type.2.4.d: Invalid content was found starting with element 'd:skin'. No child element is expected at this point. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this? Please remember I'm not a programmer so please explain in very simple terms. Your help will be greatly appreciated and I'm thanking you in advance. Al

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
04/05/16 10:08 AM (8 years ago)
Did you google this? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30418443/android-sdk-error-when-loading-the-sdk What do you mean you downloaded android studio into eclipse? If you downloaded a buzz touch android studio project , you need to import in in android studio. If you want to use eclipse you have to install a lot of plugins to make it work with android studio projects.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
04/05/16 12:37 PM (8 years ago)
Hi Alex and welcome to buzztouch. If you are working with Android, use Eclips or Android Studio, not both. Best really to start with Android Studio.It's hard to know at which point you are in the process, maybe we can point you in a good direction though. Mark Fleming has written guides and posted lots of great video's on youtube that will help you. This might be a good starting point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BJFJxLMsNQ

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.