TatorTot
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 25, 2013
Iowa
06/19/14 09:34 AM (9 years ago)

Launch Images and few other issues for submitting

I am hoping to submit my app here shortly this week but have a few questions before. I am trying to change the black launch image for my app. I know they are located inthe images.xcassets but wondering the proper steps in order to update them. figured out the validate problem. Didn't have the provision profile set correctly duh. But now I get some issues once it is validated. Failed validation because "Invalid Image Path- no image found at the path referenced under key 'CFBundleIconFile': 'Icon.png' I also get this for 4 others all same issue invalid image path

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
06/19/14 09:48 AM (9 years ago)
I'd have to walk through it again to be sure, but... I dragged and dropped .pngs in the Launch Image window, and Xcode replaced the corresponding sizes. Somehow, that also showed me the sizes I didn't yet have. So, one at a time, I made additional images, correct size, dragged/dropped, and Xcode assigned them. It was a slow process of elimination of the black images for mine. Before I do my next App, I will take an inventory of LaunchImage.launchimage, and make them all the right size before hand. I have found several free on-line icon making web sites, but not positive that any is current, with required sizes being a bit of a moving target.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/19/14 09:52 AM (9 years ago)
I think it is a bug that should be attended to, that Self Hosted 3.0 does not make the LaunchImage.launchimages. For me it is the same Icon that 3.0 uses to make all the BT_Art > Icons sizes.

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
06/19/14 10:11 AM (9 years ago)
Go to the plist and delete those references and it will compile perfectly :) Use the minus button in the row.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
06/19/14 10:18 AM (9 years ago)
The problem with the "invalid image path" error is because the icon file locations in buzztouch projects have changed and there is a small bug now. The icon files are now referenced differently and can be found in images.xcassets, as you have discovered. The references under CFBundleIconFiles and CFBundleIconFile in the BT_info.plist (as shown by Smug's diagram ( http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115208762/icon_57stuff.png ) is a hangover from the 'old BT way'. Those plist references point to locations for the icons that buzztouch no longer uses. They are no longer appropriate and should be deleted. This crops up quite a lot, it would be helpful for the powers that be at BT to fix this centrally. Alan

TatorTot
Aspiring developer
Iowa
06/19/14 11:15 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks a ton everyone. Simple solution if I would have dug a little deeper guess you cay say I got overly excited for getting my app submitted!! I've actually written down a huge amount of issues I've ran into that I've been lucky enough to have you guys and others to help me along the way, wonder if it might not be a bad idea to throw it up on the How-To's?? (coming from no coding/programming background)! PS My app has been submitted! now its the waiting game I guess!

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
06/19/14 09:36 PM (9 years ago)
Awesome, submission is half the battle! Please do make a new post on your observations, troubles and fixes. Just include ketchup with that tator! :-) -- Niraj

TatorTot
Aspiring developer
Iowa
06/20/14 06:40 AM (9 years ago)
Submission seemed like it was the battle, now you have me nervous again NiraJ!!!!! I'm going to make a pretty decent long posting of covering a good range of areas from the control panel, uploading plugins, things for x-code, and finally compiling in xcode for submission (covering how to change launch images, getting rid of the errors for images because of the bug, making sure provision profiles are correct!!, and more). BT has helped me beyond anything figured it would be of some help both to some of the new people to app building knowing some quick tips/tricks and also to the vets so they can help point them to the "cheat sheet"

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/20/14 08:24 AM (9 years ago)
I will be watching for your "cheat sheet"! I've tackled some of the items you listed, but not all as of yet! It will be good to be prepared.

TatorTot
Aspiring developer
Iowa
06/20/14 04:01 PM (9 years ago)
Hopefully a few others find it helpful on their adventure. Luckily I've had some excellent help along the ways..too many to list but hopefully get the chance to if my app gets through review!

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
08/09/14 03:45 PM (9 years ago)
I had the same scenario yesterday, and forgot that I was subscribed to this thread, because there's been no activity lately to bump it. AlanMac brought it to my attention in another thread. I followed Mysps: "Go to the plist and delete those references and it will compile perfectly :) ". Took me two tries, as they are two separate lines in the .plist.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.