Discussion Forums  >  Capturing Images, Uploading Data

Replies: 5    Views: 248

Azz
I hate code!
Reg: Jul 01, 2012
Sheffield
07/09/12 01:35 PM (11 years ago)

Do I need to buy stock photos?

Hi, I'm new to this site and the whole app making world and have had a few ideas for my first app. I am going to produce an app on tattoo's, with ideas and specific meanings and pictures for each section. I'm just wondering if I have to buy stock photos off the Internet or if I can ale images straight of google or what, any feedback grateful! Thanks

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
07/09/12 01:43 PM (11 years ago)
Hi @Azz, Welcome to buzztouch! The answer is...it depends. There are tons of sites out there that provide open source (free) or Creative Commons (CC) licensed images that come with restrictions on what they can be used for. In Google Images, you can search for open source or various CC images based on your criteria. Another place to check out is http://archive.org/index.php, which has tons of stuff that's free and not subject to copyright. I bet you could also go to tattoo shops and see if you can get pictures there. I bet they will if you give them the proper credit. Mark

Azz
I hate code!
Sheffield
07/09/12 02:06 PM (11 years ago)
Hi. Thanks, I have tried trawling through the Internet looking on the free stocks photo websites etc. and it all seems ok until you have to read through pages of terms and conditions. I have thought about getting pictures from tattooists but I just don't have the resources to get them from paper to on a computer. I will have a look on google for open source images.

TraceCampbellBSNRN
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Dec 16, 2011
Forney
07/09/12 07:11 PM (11 years ago)
Like I said in an earlier post this week it is hard to find good quality photo's, I'm not saying there not out there because you can find anything with time. but like northwest said you can contact people and ask but you might have to offer a link. I always look for free pics but when I can't find any or am doing a big project I just buy mine from shutterstock a little pricey but legal heres a link to just check it out http://www.shutterstock.com/?rid=1139165 Hope this helped cheers

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
07/09/12 09:13 PM (11 years ago)
Here's a link to a site I use almost solely for graphics for my apps. There is a section on vector tattoos, and they only cost $2 or so. http://bit.ly/MezTl1

Azz
I hate code!
Sheffield
07/10/12 06:32 AM (11 years ago)
Thanks I'll try these

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.