Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 11    Views: 406

leon7000
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 02, 2012
Saudi Arabia
02/16/13 07:21 AM (11 years ago)

Hi : simple way to change the tab bar and the navbar color and background

Hi Every Body and hope you have nice day .. i hope this will help some body here :-) if you want change the color or the lighting color after click the tabbar button or if you want change the background to the tabbar or navbar you only need to add on your "appDelegate" this code and change it to any thing you want : after: -(BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:(NSDictionary *)launchOptions{ add this : //code for change the color and background UITabBar *taBarAppearance = [UITabBar appearance]; [taBarAppearance setBackgroundImage:[UIImage imageNamed:@"tabbarbackground.png"]]; [taBarAppearance setSelectionIndicatorImage:[UIImage imageNamed:@"selecttabbarbackground.png"]]; [[UITabBar appearance] setSelectedImageTintColor:[UIColor blueColor]]; [[UITabBarItem appearance] setTitleTextAttributes: [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys:[UIColor orangeColor], UITextAttributeTextColor, [UIFont systemFontOfSize:14.0f], UITextAttributeFont,nil] forState:UIControlStateHighlighted]; UIImage *navBarImage = [UIImage imageNamed:@"navbarbackground.png"]; [[UINavigationBar appearance] setBackgroundImage:navBarImage forBarMetrics:UIBarMetricsDefault]; UIImage *barButton = [[UIImage imageNamed:@"button.png"] resizableImageWithCapInsets:UIEdgeInsetsMake(0, 5, 0, 5)]; [[UIBarButtonItem appearance] setBackgroundImage:barButton forState:UIControlStateNormal barMetrics:UIBarMetricsDefault]; UIImage *backButton = [[UIImage imageNamed:@"back-button.png"] resizableImageWithCapInsets:UIEdgeInsetsMake(0,15,0,6)]; [[UIBarButtonItem appearance] setBackButtonBackgroundImage:backButton forState:UIControlStateNormal barMetrics:UIBarMetricsDefault]; //end of code you can see example here : http://t.co/PK2yhi3r and i miss you all :)) Mohd

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/16/13 08:11 AM (11 years ago)
That stitched Navbar looks really nice :) Cheers! -- Smug

leon7000
Lost but trying
Saudi Arabia
02/16/13 08:25 AM (11 years ago)
Hi Smug Yes it is and i like it same as wood nav too :) Thank you

Black White
I hate code!
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
hanoi
02/16/13 09:21 AM (11 years ago)
Nice tip @Mohd, Thank you :)

leon7000
Lost but trying
Saudi Arabia
02/16/13 10:09 AM (11 years ago)
You Are welcome BW :)

Cyrus_8888
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
Sydney
02/16/13 05:29 PM (11 years ago)
Hi Mohd, Great Post! Any clue on the android version? Thank you

JimmySaver
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 09, 2012
location unknow...
02/24/13 12:40 PM (11 years ago)
Hi Mohd, I love workarounds and therefore, love your posts! A question on this one... I only want to change the back button from the word "back" to an image. Would the code work for this? I think I would only put certain parts of your code into my appDelegate file to get this to work, am I right? If I am, which parts?!

Boliviapp
Veteran developer
Reg: Jul 03, 2013
Cochabamba
07/09/13 03:14 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Mohd, Im new on this, i paste your code and change the image names, but i have a lot of errors in appDelegate.h, i have to make more changes? Thanks

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
07/09/13 03:41 PM (10 years ago)
there is a bracket missing from the original post. first line: [UITabBar *taBarAppearance = [UITabBar appearance]; [taBarAppearance setBackgroundImage:[UIImage imageNamed:@"tabbarbackground.png"]]; [taBarAppearance setSelectionIndicatorImage:[UIImage imageNamed:@"selecttabbarbackground.png"]]; [[UITabBar appearance] setSelectedImageTintColor:[UIColor blueColor]]; [[UITabBarItem appearance] setTitleTextAttributes: [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys:[UIColor orangeColor], UITextAttributeTextColor, [UIFont systemFontOfSize:14.0f], UITextAttributeFont,nil] forState:UIControlStateHighlighted]; UIImage *navBarImage = [UIImage imageNamed:@"navbarbackground.png"]; [[UINavigationBar appearance] setBackgroundImage:navBarImage forBarMetrics:UIBarMetricsDefault]; UIImage *barButton = [[UIImage imageNamed:@"button.png"] resizableImageWithCapInsets:UIEdgeInsetsMake(0, 5, 0, 5)]; [[UIBarButtonItem appearance] setBackgroundImage:barButton forState:UIControlStateNormal barMetrics:UIBarMetricsDefault]; UIImage *backButton = [[UIImage imageNamed:@"back-button.png"] resizableImageWithCapInsets:UIEdgeInsetsMake(0,15,0,6)]; [[UIBarButtonItem appearance] setBackButtonBackgroundImage:backButton forState:UIControlStateNormal barMetrics:UIBarMetricsDefault];

Boliviapp
Veteran developer
Cochabamba
07/10/13 02:22 PM (10 years ago)
Hi, thanks! I still have some errors like: "Use of undeclared identifier 'taBarAppearance' Thanks again

Boliviapp
Veteran developer
Cochabamba
07/10/13 02:34 PM (10 years ago)
Hi, thanks! I still have some errors like: "Use of undeclared identifier 'taBarAppearance' Thanks again

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
09/22/13 02:03 PM (10 years ago)
Hey, just in case somebody still follows this post: It was a great trick but doesn't work anymore on Xcode5 + IOS7. Looking for a substitute now. Farcat

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.