Discussion Forums  >  Images, Documents, File Locations

Replies: 9    Views: 211

Sassy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 27, 2012
Perth Western A...
05/30/14 08:31 AM (9 years ago)

Icon Change IOS

HI guys. I have run into a bit of a problem as I need to change my icon for my almost completed App. I do not want to download the app again as I have manually fixed all the errors. I have searched the forums but none of the posts really give me a descriptive answer. I have changed it on within the Buzztouch site side and uploaded it. How do I go about changing it within Xcode? Any help would be much appreciated :)

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
05/30/14 09:04 AM (9 years ago)
Hey @Sassy, No problem. Open your project, look for a folder called "Images.xcassets" and click on it. You will be given a choice to open AppIcon or LaunchImage, click on AppIcon. Right click on any icon and Show in Finder, that's where they hide. Just replace them, make sure that you keep the same name and size. Hope it helps, Farcat

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
05/30/14 02:07 PM (9 years ago)
Spot on @Farcat. So @Sassy, if you re-download your project all the images will be there in xcassette for you to copy over. I think they are in the BT_ART folder when it is downloaded, which you can see without importing the newer project into xcode. Alongside the images, there is a json file. I suggest you don't copy the json file in the xcassette folder, just in case it isn't the same as the one in your working project. Cheers, Alan

Sassy
Aspiring developer
Perth Western A...
05/30/14 07:21 PM (9 years ago)
Cheers guys for you help. It is much appreciated :) I found them in the Art folder and replaced them with the new icon. Worked a treat :) But now I am getting an error on validation that " the bundle does not contain an app icon for iphone/ipod of exactly 120x120 .. So I put one in there to no avail :(

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
France
05/31/14 01:33 AM (9 years ago)
Have tou made sure that all the icons that you found originally were replaced? Looks like xcode is expecting an icon of 120px and not finding it.

Sassy
Aspiring developer
Perth Western A...
05/31/14 01:50 AM (9 years ago)
sorry I should have responded .. I had to copy them over manually as for some reason, Xcode wasnt finding them. Even though they were there !! Thanks for you help Farcat :)

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
France
05/31/14 02:04 AM (9 years ago)
No worries, glad you got it sorted!

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
08/08/14 02:36 PM (9 years ago)
I'm having a similar scenario: http://www.10kapps.com/BTiOSImages.png How did you resolve the missing images error based on the Xcode > Archive > Validate error report?

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
08/09/14 01:37 AM (9 years ago)
Hi @Nicks App, I posted the solution to this in a thread you also contributed to lol https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=62DFC85C5CF71E25D2DC87C&fid=06DB0BCB08E2222&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage=1 The problem with the "invalid image path" error is because the icon file locations in buzztouch projects have changed and there is a small bug now. The icon files are now referenced differently and all the ones you need are in images.xcassets. The references under CFBundleIconFiles and CFBundleIconFile in the BT_info.plist is a hangover from the 'old BT way' of referencing icons. Those plist references point to locations for the icons that buzztouch no longer uses. The plist entries are no longer appropriate and should be deleted. This crops up quite a lot, it would be helpful for the powers that be at BT to fix this centrally. Alan

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
08/09/14 08:32 AM (9 years ago)
As long as it is a proven "solution" :) Today, I will implement your solution on my App sitting in Xcode that failed Validation due to the Icons, and get all 16 of my Apps fixed up in Xcode, on to my iPhone, do screen captures of the 6 primary menu steps, and build the iTunes Store listings. Yesterday, I spent some time on the phone with Apple Developer support, and learned a few things. Prompted because Xcode threw an error about the Provisioning Profile. Interesting synergy between Xcode and my Apple Developer Member Center! Now, if only I could afford to be back in the UK!!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.