Discussion Forums  >  Suggestions, Ideas, Wish List

Replies: 4    Views: 440

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
01/09/17 05:52 AM (7 years ago)

BT 4 Plugins suggestion

With the release of BT 4, all plugins need to be tweaked to work with BT 4 and Plugin authors need to make some edits and re-release their plugins to be compatible. However, it isn't at all clear which plugins in the Plugin Market have ben updated to be BT 4 compatible and I feel perhaps something needs to be done to make this clearer. I was wondering if it would be feasible to add something, maybe a badge, to the listing at https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/ to indicate that a plugin has been updated to support BT 4?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/09/17 07:33 AM (7 years ago)
At the moment, until something 'official' can come down the pipeline, I'd say let's add a line in the read me, similar to the 'versioning' that normally goes in as well... // v1.4 - January 4th 2017 // BTv4 compatible or something similar...? Cheers! -- Smug

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
01/09/17 07:44 AM (7 years ago)
or change the name of the plugin to put v4.0 at the end? but i like the thought of us knowing which have been 'updated/fixed'

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 22, 2012
Perth, Australi...
01/12/17 09:26 PM (7 years ago)
@Alanmac, You are correct is saying it should be easy to identify what plugins are up to date with the most recent release. As in what plugins have been supported and also showing what bug have been reported recently etc etc. It will be clear in the future if a plugin is current. Regards Kristen

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
01/13/17 05:15 AM (7 years ago)
Hey there, I am back on Buzztouch after a year, feel somehow rusty... Just to quick line to add that it would be cool to know as well if a plugin is compatible to the latest OS. e.g. BT 4 compatible ≠ IOS 10 comnpatble Some developers indicate it but it probably should be compulsory me think. :) Happy New Year to all! Thanks, Farcat

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.