kumar apps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 02, 2012
Mumbai
03/13/13 12:06 AM (11 years ago)

How can i make Offline android app using buzztouch?

hey guys i wonder if i can make offline android app(BT 2.0) using buzztouch. i think i have little bit idea about it. make html docs and put them in asset folder of project now what next? relay feeling confusion. if any developer know this than please share with us. help will be really appreciated. thanks

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
03/13/13 12:18 AM (11 years ago)
Hello, You're on the right track. To make it offline, you need to do a couple of things: * If you are using HTML docs, put them, and any images related to that doc, in the BT_Docs folder * Any images should go in res > drawable. These are like background images, gui images, button images, etc. Remember to use the 0_9a_z naming convention, or Android will scream at you! * To prevent the app from checking online for updates (which is what an offline app really is, in buzztouch terms), go into your control panel for that app, hit the Core Properties section, and clear out the Configuration Data URL section, as well as the ReportToCloud URL. That will (1) prevent the app from checking for updates, and (2) for the app to use the BT_Config.txt file that the app ships with. That's pretty much it! Any more questions, just shout! Mark

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/13/13 01:33 AM (11 years ago)
And don't forget to read this informative document: https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/Understanding_App_Refresh_and_Offline_Apps_v1.0.pdf Cheers! -- Smug

kumar apps
Aspiring developer
Mumbai
03/13/13 10:16 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks both of you guys one more thing i want to ask you mr.mark. i can't got process of make app stop from check updates. can you please explain me in details? thanks

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
03/13/13 10:37 PM (11 years ago)
Delete the "Cloud URL" from the "Report to URL" section of Core Settings in your aps control panel. That will prevent the app from going out to check for an update. You can, and probably should, also delete the "Configuration Data URL" from the "Configuration Data URL" section of the Core Settings area. That won't give it a place to retrieve updates from, and it'll rely on the config file you included with your app.

kumar apps
Aspiring developer
Mumbai
03/13/13 10:45 PM (11 years ago)
ok now it's all clear thanks a lot buddy

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.