Becky
I hate code!
Reg: Aug 08, 2012
NYC
08/08/17 09:31 PM (6 years ago)

Json - Errors

It's been a couple of years since I've even opened Xcode and I'm working on updating some of my apps. I've run into the Json issue with the apps that haven't been updated. Searching through the forums, there is a fix! However, I am receiving errors and would love this fix explained further. I'm not quite sure if I'm putting the following in the right place. So far, when I've been trying this fix, I end up receiving multiple errors. "you'll need to remove the import statement and then refactor any places in your code where you were parsing JSON using Apple's NSJSONSerialization class. Here is an example of how to do that: NSString *jsonString = @"{}"; NSError *jsonError; id jsonData = [NSJSONSerialization JSONObjectWithData:[jsonString dataUsingEncoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding] options:0 error:&jsonError]; if (jsonData==nil) { } else { //parsing finished - jsonData object will now be either NSDictionary or NSArray depending on the type of JSON data contained in the jsonString object. }"

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
08/08/17 11:18 PM (6 years ago)
Long story short, it looks like you are using one or more third party plugins that are not compatible with the current version of Buzztouch.

Tyroner
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 26, 2012
Johannesburg, S...
08/09/17 12:57 AM (6 years ago)
Use only BT v4 plugins and you should fine. The json errors will disappear.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/09/17 06:33 AM (6 years ago)
A lot of plugins aren't 'btv4' ready. Sadly. that also true with some of mine, but we're trying to clear our schedule so we can take time to update the rest... In the interim, kittsy has a nice solution to the json issue that works for me. Requires a little surgery, but nothing too serious. http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?fid=A29BA604F7D8E5475ABEC28&tid=A29BA604F7D8E5475ABEC28 Cheers! -- Smug

Becky
I hate code!
Reg: Aug 08, 2012
NYC
08/09/17 09:17 AM (6 years ago)
Thanks for a quick response everyone. Late last night it looked as if I was in over my head -- never-ending errors. I use a lot of 3rd party plugins and won't be able to get the functionality I need with the current plugins on the market. Hopefully I can wait this one out until the plugins are updated.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
08/09/17 02:00 PM (6 years ago)
I am not sure waiting it out will get you very far. In the last 6 months a few 3rd party plugins have been updated, but not many. Imho any plugins not updated by the auhours by now probably won't be unless authours like Smug say they will, as their plugins are no longer marketed. You will see which ones are still avalable to buy and buzztouch supported by looking at the new market. I suggest you post a list of what you use and people might be able to advise.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.