craigaj
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 10, 2014
portsmouth
01/30/15 02:08 PM (9 years ago)

screens

Hi BT community, I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help with. 1) is there a limit to the amount of screens you can use? 2)is there away of tidying up the screens page, I want to use a lot of them in my app and don't want to have to search through them all to edit them in the future Thanks for your help

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/30/15 06:12 PM (9 years ago)
Hi Craigaj, I don't there is a limit. Several people have apps with 300+ screens in them. No way of tidying up the screens page..it is what it is. You can sort them in various fashions, but there's not a lot of leeway in it. Mark

bigPaul
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 08, 2013
Darwin
01/31/15 12:10 AM (9 years ago)
If a large percentage of your screens are generic data: Take a look at Angry Ninja's Instant App Database Plugin, https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=96D61CB58A55CD94F4F20E2 It stores page data online and displays it using just a few generic layed out screens within the App. Disadvantage is you need online access and is iOS only. Alternatively for andoid, you could set up mysql database online and php calls through the HTML plugins to retrieve and show screens. Once again limited to online access. What would be good though (especially for Android) is for someone to use this info http://developer.android.com/training/basics/data-storage/databases.html to create a plugin similar to Angry Ninja's! Data could be set up on-line as csv, MySQL or whatever, when the app opens the first time it would download the data and store in devices sql so it is available offline!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.