Discussion Forums  >  Introduce Yourself

Replies: 8    Views: 257

MiceElf
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 15, 2015
Topeka
01/20/15 01:30 PM (9 years ago)

Hi to BuzzTouch Users!

Hey there BuzzTouchians, My name is David and I've come to BuzzTouch because I was researching how to build mobile app. My reasoning for building an app was simple; I was looking for an app to do certain things to help me manage my online mobile work for my indie band. Well, I didn’t find the app I was looking for, so I started daydreaming about what it was that I was looking for in an App. I came up with a long list of great ideas but no idea how to make it happen. My searches lead me here. BuzzTouch seems like an awesome site for building mobile Apps, but I quickly learned that what I wanted was going to take too much time and quite frankly, too much effort on my part. The whole point of finding or making the app I want was to simplify my life. With a full time job and a work indie band time is very limited. Which brings me to my point of this message, other than just saying hi to you all, I'm hoping to find someone to help me built the app I'm dreaming of. Perhaps I'm delusional or at the very least misguided, but I suspect there's someone on this site that likes building Apps and doesn't require a fortune to do. It seems that there are a lot of places willing to build anyone with a big budget an app to complement their online marketing. Well, my app isn't for selling merchandise or building a brand, it's about production within a group, and my budget certainly isn’t big. I'm a huge fan of free Apps and I really haven't purchased many of the apps I currently use, but I believe that even I'd be willing to purchase the app I'm dreaming of. I guess I'm saying that I think an app like what I want could be profitable and I’m into sharing most of it! So, if any of you developers are interested in working with me on building my dream app, PM me with your email and I'll email you a PDF with the details. Thanks, David I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know if I should post this elswhere, as I didn't find an appropriate subject to put it under.

chadh0130
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 05, 2011
Rhode Island
01/20/15 02:01 PM (9 years ago)
Hi David, Welcome to Buzztouch. You have definitely come to the right place if you're looking to indulge yourself in mobile application development. While there are some awesome devs around this forum, I do highly suggest taking a look at what you can potentially put together yourself...you may even be surprised at what you come up with. If you still determine you want to hire someone, I've learned quite a bit in regards to objective-c (iOS), php and sql so I may be able to help you. What component are you looking for (iOS or Android)? I'll shoot you a PM as requested. Again, welcome to BT! -Chad

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/20/15 03:03 PM (9 years ago)
Hi David, Welcome to Buzztouch! I'm sure somehow you'll be able to get done what you want. Buzztouch is an amazing platform, with an even more amazing community. I echo what Chad says...make sure you poke around enough to see if you can do what you want to with the existing plugins. If you can't, shoot me an email at mrkfleming at gmail.com with your proposal and I'll give it a look! Have fun at Buzztouch! Mark

MiceElf
Lost but trying
Topeka
01/20/15 03:24 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and confidence in working with BuzzTouch. When I got here I knew it was the right place to be! I certainly wanted to be able to make the app I wanted and took some classes at BuzzTouch U to get me started. I quickly realized that it was going to take someone more experienced than me to make this App in any timely manner. I am however going to try my hand at something less ambitious soon! It's an exciting prospect, building usefully things for yourself and others! David

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/20/15 04:14 PM (9 years ago)
Good Morning and Welcom to Buzztouch! Seeing your name reminds me of an old 'Sly and the Family Stone' song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOa5UOHdwnc I hope you find what you're looking for here. I don't do a lot of 'contract work', but I'm sure you'll find some professional that'll be just what you need. But if you have any questions, we're happy to help what we can. Cheers! -- Smug

MiceElf
Lost but trying
Topeka
01/20/15 04:58 PM (9 years ago)
Nice Call Smug, I used to listen to a lot of Funk, not so much anymore but it's got a special place in my soul! My Ex-Wife hated it! When we split I changed all my login stuff to that! Didn't find out till recently she thought it had something to do with her, which reminds me of Carly Simon song! In retrospect I can see why though! David

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
01/20/15 09:25 PM (9 years ago)
Welcome to Buzztouch, the right place to start your mobile adventures! There are developers in this forums that will surely be able to create the app of your dreams, however, I would suggest that you first make the simplest "Hello World!" app for yourself. That will not take too much time and will help you get the process and the lingo of Buzztouch. Believe me, Buzztouch is a culture of its own! Once you make your own app, you will be able to effectively communicate with the Buzztouch developer of your choice. Not to mention the fact that you will have to be the publisher of your own app, regardless of wrote it for you, so you must learn about being a publisher too, further down the road. And when you get the app of your dreams out there in this or that app store, the real work and fun only begin -- interaction with users, tailoring the app to serve you and make you profit... and so on. http://duskosavic.com/blog/

MiceElf
Lost but trying
Topeka
01/20/15 09:46 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks Dusko, Although I have asked for help building the app of my dreams I have decided to continue down the path of building an app on my own, at the prodding of everyone here. Band practice got canceled tonight so that's what I'm doing now! I've reviewed the Plugins (paid or free) and didn't find what I needed for my first thought! A way to view and respond to several emails within the app via POP, IMAP and/or active Sync, which was started this whole journey! Back to the drawing board.I'm pretty Sure I saw a Forum plugin! David

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
01/21/15 09:24 PM (9 years ago)
Keep explaining your thoughts. Often the plugins can be stitched together via the Control Panel to create the app of your dreams. Keep on trucking -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.