bioninja
Lost but trying
Reg: Jul 08, 2012
Melbourne
03/17/18 09:20 PM (6 years ago)

Android Studio Issues

I have built an app in Xcode and am now up to beta-testing (yay!). I am now trying to run my code in Android Studio but am having a lot of trouble. I can get the app to open, but it won't load any of my documents (HTML docs) or images. I put all the documents in the BT_Docs folder, and tried putting the images in BT_Docs and also the res drawable folder, but nothing works. Also, the simulators are terrible and freeze up constantly. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to use Android Studio. Where to put things, etc. I'm not a coder (am a high school teacher). Xcode was a lot more intuitive. I've been looking at the youtube videos by GoNorthWest, but they seem to be focused on setting up Android Studio and publishing, but not the middle step (loading everything and testing it on a simulator) which is where I am stuck.

Raj123
I hate code!
Reg: Nov 21, 2016
Washington
03/18/18 07:20 AM (6 years ago)
When you say "I can get the app to open", what is the error message when try to open the app. In my case I had Push Notification on under core properties. Xcode had no issues with this setup, but android did not like this setup. Once I removed this setup Android worked fine. In android there is a way to run the app in a debug mode, which may give you some clues. Try google search for more details. I need to read more on how to use Push notifications. I hope this helps. Rajeev

bioninja
Lost but trying
Melbourne
03/18/18 01:16 PM (6 years ago)
There is no error message opening the app. I CAN get the app to open, I just can't see any images and the HTML docs don't load. The basic architecture is there (menus work), but the external files that you have to incorporate don't seem to be working.

Raj123
I hate code!
Washington
03/19/18 01:58 PM (6 years ago)
Try copying the images to res->drawable.

Raj123
I hate code!
Washington
03/19/18 02:09 PM (6 years ago)
You already copied to res->drawble. Which plugin are you using for HTML doc?

bioninja
Lost but trying
Melbourne
03/19/18 03:38 PM (6 years ago)
I am using the standard html doc plugin.

Raj123
I hate code!
Washington
03/19/18 06:45 PM (6 years ago)
You already copied to res->drawble. Which plugin are you using for HTML doc?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.