Discussion Forums  >  BT.com Website, Account Questions

Replies: 15    Views: 189

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
04/29/13 06:52 PM (10 years ago)

Tech Crunch

Hey guys... How about a wee comment on this thread bigging up BT as a valid solution? Sweet. Free BT t-shirt to best comment! MacApple Ps keep your eyes peeled for caption competition coming soon to a forum and FB page near you soon http://m.techcrunch.com/2013/04/29/apparchitect-lets-anyone-build-ios-apps-no-coding-or-templates-necessary/?icid=tc_home_art&

jvalley
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 16, 2013
Green Bay,Wi
04/29/13 07:09 PM (10 years ago)
The best comment made was " welcome back geocities" made me smile..

MacApple
Apple Fan
USA
04/29/13 07:10 PM (10 years ago)
Ha! Love it.

MacApple
Apple Fan
USA
04/29/13 07:11 PM (10 years ago)
Would love to send you a BT tee!

jvalley
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 16, 2013
Green Bay,Wi
04/29/13 07:14 PM (10 years ago)
I didn't leave it but its tough to beat

Icion
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 14, 2013
Durban
04/29/13 07:58 PM (10 years ago)
I miss those geocities days

Icion
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 14, 2013
Durban
04/29/13 08:21 PM (10 years ago)
Ok, just put down my 20 cent comment. Big up to BT

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
04/29/13 08:29 PM (10 years ago)
I just backed up @Icion's comment.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
04/29/13 09:22 PM (10 years ago)
As Mac_Boy, I made several points: 1. AppArchitect was birthed by TechCrunch at it's Disrupt event. Proud parents they are! 2. AppArchitect sure is pretty, has a nice-slick WYSIWYG screen builder tool. This is what I meant during the SWOT at the St. Louis BuzzCon. Watch out for the disrupters! 3. Who do you want to be in control of YOUR mobile app, you or a Software-as-a-Service that has not yet settled on a business model? They sure received a healthy chunk of VC money. I wonder how much of their soul and independence was given up for those deals? After the euphoria, hopefully they will achieve a balance. -- Niraj

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
04/29/13 11:07 PM (10 years ago)
Just backed up Niraj's comments. Spent like 15 minutes trying to log into the darn site so I could leave a comment! Super frustrating! Mark

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Alaska
04/30/13 01:24 AM (10 years ago)
looks like the same old "build-your-own-app" idea in a fresh new package The funny thing is that these platforms are built from the ground up to absolutely rake in the cash...buzztouch, on the other hand, was created to be something bigger - let anybody build their own apps and actually learn some stuff during the process. Combine all of that with a 24/7 community that is always willing to help..nothing else even comes close

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
04/30/13 03:06 AM (10 years ago)
My two cents...before I crash. Naturally it's tough for us to see copy-cat after copy-cat, we'de like to think we invented this vertical. But, as each DIY service-as-software (not a typo, these are services, not software) pops up the entire space gains AND LOSES credibility. Contrary to most folks' opinions, almost NONE of these spins on our existing concept make any money. They have some sales, they get some one day attention then generally fade away. Parse and a few others have been acquired...which is about the only way they stand to make loads of $$$. I'm speaking in most cases. Angel financing is a different story, it's relatively easy to raise a few hundred K these days but rest assured, it's not going to the founders or the original team. This type of financing provides a little runway to get an operation going with the hope of paying it back someday. Getting a high-stakes return on 500K is no easy task! My single biggest concern is the immediate NEGATIVE reaction by loads of folks online each time an "app builder" is announced. It appears that regardless of how well or horrible a DIY app service implements the idea, the internet at large starts yelling "Junk app maker" "Oh know, another app maker" "Garbage Machine", etc. This is the single biggest challenge we face at Buzztouch - getting lumped into this assumption hole. Folks assume all kinds of things without giving anything a chance - Buzztouch or otherwise. Maybe we should start an App Builder Industry Association so leaders of each initiative / site / service can work together to slowly move public opinion. One or two (max) of these services and software offerings will survive if the industry as a whole sees them as ghetto app machines. All this means is that we'll need to continue doing all we can to distinguish ourselves from the rest while they come and go. In the end you'll have Buzztouch + one other credible solution. Mostly... Video: 100 video sites to two (YouTube and Vimeo) Social: 100 social sits to two (Facebook, Twitter) Virtual Hosting: 100 sites to two (Rackspace, Amazon) Phone OS: 8 OS's to two: (iOS, Android) DIY App Frameworks: 1 to 500 to two (Buzztouch + somebody else) Out.

WebNevees
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 28, 2012
KL
04/30/13 03:53 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks David for your hard work and being present in the forums. I really would like to thank you in person but did not have the chance to come to St. Louis. I got my app approved in it's fourth submission today, so I'd like to thank all the community of Buzztouch for it. I submitted a long commented to TechCrunch guys. Take a look and tell me what you think. It's quite sincere and only the truth. "Buzztouch is really an enabler"! http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/29/apparchitect-lets-anyone-build-ios-apps-no-coding-or-templates-necessary/

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
04/30/13 09:58 AM (10 years ago)
Those comments on this article just wants to make me scream! That spambots comment? He's tried all the other solutions? Blatant LIE. I could write ten paragraphs right now in response, but I won't. @GoNorthWest, excellent post defending your right to post your experience with other solutions. You were in no way "marketing", neither are others. @everyone else, great job. I will leave a small comment myself. Keep up the great work guys! Competition (although apparchitect has a far way to go to get the *honor* of calling itself real competition to buzztouch) is GOOD. That is something a close friend told/taught me once. It pushes us to be better and to look into the future for problems that have yet to surface with an open mind. I'm excited for this future as always! Cheers, David https://buzztouchmods.com

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
04/30/13 12:56 PM (10 years ago)
It amazes me how quickly forum posts like the one at Tech Cruch gets out of hand. Finger pointing, name calling, all that stuff is what's kept me away from every single forum on the Internet except this one. Mark

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
04/30/13 09:48 PM (10 years ago)
@WebNevees: Thanks for the kind words and support on the TechCrunch post. St. Louis was a blast and we'll see you at the next one. Forums: For sure it's a delicate balance between defending ourselves and calling folks jerks, like some are! Your sincere support of us is understood by those that "get it" and taking the time to write it awesome. Keep up the good work...

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.