Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 2    Views: 194

daku7
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 30, 2011
Toronto
10/17/13 04:14 PM (10 years ago)

Video Thumbnail Display

I have 20 videos in Dropbox. Is there any way to display these video in an app with Thumbnail? I uploaded all video to Youtube and If I use the custom URL plugin, I am able to bring the youtube page where video are displayed in the app and they show Thumbnail. This is what I want, but the problem is that these video are now public on YouTube and I want to keep them private. If I make these video private, youtube gives in a private link to each video and not a private link to display all video on one page.

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
10/18/13 06:46 AM (10 years ago)
You could do a button menu. Upload a screenshot as the thumbnail to the videos. Jake

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
10/18/13 08:25 AM (10 years ago)
The Youtube plugin does exactly that. It will show the list of videos (public or private) with thumbnails. Just enter the playlist URL in the settings, and the plugin displays thumbnails for everything in that playlist on the screen. I use it in my app, and all the videos are marked as private.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.