Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 13    Views: 54

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
06/08/14 08:47 AM (9 years ago)

BT_screen_menuListSimple and listRowBackgroundColor Transparent in Android

http://www.10kapps.com/CodeSample2Screens.png I'm using BT_screen_menuListSimple in Self Hosted Control Panel, and exporting 3.0 iOS and Android. "itemType":"BT_screen_menuListSimple", "itemNickname":"Travel Map", "navBarTitleText":"Travel Map", "listRowBackgroundColor":"#000000", "listTitleFontColor":"#FFFF33", As you can see from the screen shots in the link above, the List Rows are black with gold letters in iOS 7, and transparent with gold letters in Android. I have a previous 2.0 App, in which the code without the "listRowBackgroundColor":"#000000", "listTitleFontColor":"#FFFF33", produces black rows with white text in both iOS and Android. If I take out those two statements, in iOS the rows are solid white with black text. In Android, transparent with grey letters. http://10kapps.com/TransparentRows.png If I "select" a row, to proceed to the next screen, then go back, you can see in iOS the row is "grey" and in Android is translucent "blue". http://10kapps.com/TransparentRowsPrevSelected.png Is something missing that the rows are transparent in Android?

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/08/14 08:56 AM (9 years ago)
I wrote my 2.0 version in May 2012. These are the release notes from the Plug In detail page: Menu Simple Version: v1.6 Category: Menu iOS Project ------------------------ 1 Objective-C class (a total of 2 files) are needed. BT_screen_menuListSimple.m and .h BT_screen_menuListSimple.m is the main UIViewController that shows the list. The UITableViewCell that is used for each row is created from one of the buzztouch core files, BT_cell_menuList.m, .h Android Project ------------------------ BT_screen_menuListSimple.java is the Activity class that displays the menu. The layout is handled by screen_menulistsimple.xml for the activity and men_list_rowsimple.xml for each individual row. Version History ----------------- v1.6 2/1/2014 (chris1) Changed accessory view on iOS7 for "details" selection to show only info button, not info button and arrow; Updated for 3.0 control panels v1.3 11/10/2012 Minor syntax changes to accomodate for Xcode 4.5 compiler warnings. Minor changes in .java files to accomodate for Anroid (Google) 2.2 API's compiler warnings. Minor UI changes in .php files for control panel.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/08/14 09:01 AM (9 years ago)
In iOS 7 - When the rows are black, taping one, then going back, results now in a grey row. I don't like that, either. As in html, is there now one or more statements for row colors, based on "visited" or recently tapped?

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/08/14 09:21 AM (9 years ago)
I found this in https://www.buzztouch.com/docs/v1.5/globalTheme.php List Row Selection Style "listRowSelectionStyle":"blue" Options: blue, gray, none. Changing to "none" works for iOS 7, now not grey! Not for Android, still translucent blue.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/08/14 09:34 AM (9 years ago)
I know in some threads, there is talk of making separate Apps for iOS and Android. I'd rather not do that per se... although I could export separate config.txt files for iOS 7 and Android. If that would solve this. I would have separate dataURLs for the two config.txt files. But so far, no attempts to use stock command statements for this Plug In, in config.txt, is getting results in Android. No row color, no round corners, no selected color.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
06/09/14 07:50 AM (9 years ago)
Tried the menu with image plugin?

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/09/14 08:12 AM (9 years ago)
No, because I don't need/want images in my menu rows. I would like the developers to address the possibility that Menu Simple does not conform to current Android rules.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
06/12/14 11:12 AM (9 years ago)
I think you have to use different app for each one because Ive noticed that too.maybe the way android handles it or something im not sure, but you'll have to play with the android one to get it right

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/12/14 11:15 AM (9 years ago)
@cmcoffee I think you're right! I think, I can't prove it, but I have a strong hunch that you are right. Instead of "playing with it", I will probably just go with black letters on transparent row for both, showing the background, and then re-doing the background image so the black letters are readable on top of it. I would like the developers to address the possibility/probability that Menu Simple does not conform to current Android rules.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/12/14 11:17 AM (9 years ago)
@cmcoffee Here's another thread I have going. https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=B44BF4C6A652F603F9D51AE&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage=1 I think maybe this one is closer to home with some of the plug in work you have done.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/17/14 09:18 AM (9 years ago)
BT_screen_menuListSimple.java is the Activity class that displays the menu. The layout is handled by screen_menulistsimple.xml for the activity and men_list_rowsimple.xml for each individual row. BT_screen_menuListSimple.java String listBackgroundColor = ""; String listRowBackgroundColor = ""; String listRowSelectionStyle = ""; listBackgroundColor = BT_strings.getStyleValueForScreen(this.screenData, "listBackgroundColor", "clear"); listRowBackgroundColor = BT_strings.getStyleValueForScreen(this.screenData, "listRowBackgroundColor", "clear"); listRowSelectionStyle = BT_strings.getStyleValueForScreen(this.screenData, "listRowSelectionStyle", ""); listTitleFontColor = BT_strings.getStyleValueForScreen(this.screenData, "listTitleFontColor", "#999999"); listRowSeparatorColor = BT_strings.getStyleValueForScreen(this.screenData, "listRowSeparatorColor", "#999999"); Apparently, the App is not getting the row and text colors from the JSON: "listRowBackgroundColor":"#000000", "listTitleFontColor":"#FFFF33",

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/17/14 10:03 AM (9 years ago)
If I edit: String listRowBackgroundColor = "clear"; listRowBackgroundColor = BT_strings.getStyleValueForScreen(this.screenData, "listRowBackgroundColor", "clear"); ...To "#000000" or "#FFFFFF" the row color is white. String listTitleFontColor = "#FFFF33"; Font color is Gold, as "#FFFF33" is the color for Gold.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/17/14 12:02 PM (9 years ago)
Eventhough I have "listRowSelectionStyle":"none”, In BT_Themes When you select a row, then go back, it is transparent blue.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
07/03/14 10:58 AM (9 years ago)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.