Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 2036

Worker73
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 06, 2012
Austria, Klagen...
07/23/13 11:34 PM (10 years ago)

FREE Augmented Reality Framework or Aurasma is Dead -)

Hi Guys... Because Aurasma ist "Dead" (To Expensive) i've searched for Alternatives... And i found one.. There is an AR SDK under http://www.metaio.com/ and it works very Good... The "Metaio Creator" can also create APPs for iPhone and Android that you can import to Eclipse or Xcode to make some MakeUps (Just like Buzztouch ;-) ). Now my Question.... I want to implant (via PlugIn) the SDK to my Buzztouch APP.. Or Like Scringo.. Can anybody Help me?

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
07/24/13 03:53 AM (10 years ago)
I had it working in a plugin, it wasn't very easy to create the content like it was in aurasma

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
07/24/13 07:05 AM (10 years ago)
I tinkered with it as well. It was indeed tricky to add to a BT screen. I used one of thier vids to test it on Android. The FREE SDK does drop a waterwark on your screens. Seems to me like you can still signup for a free Aurusma Studio Account? Yes/No? They do indeed charge to build a custom 'skinned' app for you - but I don't see why BT user would want to do that anyways? A skinned app would have no other screens or menus that work with BT CP. Having Aurusma as a optional plug-in screen for an app rocks. A skinned Aurusma app with just AR content/menus wouldn't be as detailed or customizable... This Augmented reality stuff is very cool, but one really needs a good graphic designer or 3D modeler to crank out the augmented content!

Worker73
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 06, 2012
Austria, Klagen...
07/25/13 02:59 AM (10 years ago)
@Kittsy: The New Contentcreator is very Easy to handle. Also the Upload to the Cloud and you can also Export an APP from it (Android & iPhone). Where can i get the "PlugIn" for it and how can i implant then the SDK ? @Atrains: The Problem is that the Free Aurasma License DONT have the Option to Download the SDK. In Aurasma you must Pay 5000$/Year to HP to get it... Thats to much... On "Metaio" you can Use the Free Creator with 2 Actions on every Channel for Free. When you want more "Actions" than it Costs ONE TIME 500Euro.... When you want to use it whitout Watermark, than you can Buy the Prof. Licenz... One Time Fee Starts on 3000Euro. But for my Projects the Free License is Perfect.....

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.