Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 11    Views: 213

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
12/28/16 09:08 AM (7 years ago)

Bug reports

Anyone using my plugins, can you please send me any known issues that you have? I will do my best to make sure all plugins are in working order when the new Buzztouch updates roll out. Also, if you have any ideas for new plugins, let me know.

fusionsch
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 28, 2010
Montreux Switze...
12/28/16 10:22 AM (7 years ago)
Hey, Chris, happy to see you back, it's been a long time! You created so many plugins that I don't remember which ones had issues... I remember not having been able to use the Webform Generator, and that the News Digest had an image ratio issue that prevented me to use it... I should test all the plugins I have to give you more details! I use extensively HTML Pro and Menu Image Advanced without problem. I stopped using Facebook Pages Feed because it wasn't displaying nicely (in my eyes) and I'm so code-dumb I couldn't tweak it... Another plugin I use is the App Copier, and there may be a potential issue as I'm one of the guys who bought it before you made it available in the Plugin Market... Updates were made directly by you, and not by the BT server, remember? Ideas for new plugins? I still dream of an equivalent of Stobe's JSON Snippet Keeper where code would be not be in BT_config.txt but pulled from embedded or online text files... And I would have lots of uses for a photosphere plugin! Immersive photos and videos are the new trend all over the world... Best greetings and happy new year! Jack

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
12/28/16 02:19 PM (7 years ago)
Hi Chris, good to see you are still about. A while back I pulled something together a list of known plugin issues. Have a look, I think one of yours is listed with forum links to the detail. It is available here: http://bit.ly/1UAX1fF There is an info button in the top corner that provides more details of how the list is meant to work. Cheers, Alan

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
12/28/16 02:28 PM (7 years ago)
This is great! Thanks for putting that together

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 22, 2012
Perth, Australi...
12/28/16 03:54 PM (7 years ago)
@Chris1, Great to see one of the legends of the plugin market place back on the forum and more importantly offering his skills for plugins needed by our community. @Chris1 is one of a few plugin developers that I automatically purchase their plugins, you just know its going to be good. I Agree @AlanMacs list is good, as well as some of the points he raised on this post: <a href="https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=E63E1673542FD8F70D14813" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=E63E1673542FD8F70D14813</a> We hope to implement most of these suggestions in some way in the near future. In the meantime I encourage all users to engage with this list. We expect that after the new release of the Source code this Friday that this list could grow somewhat. @AlanMac let us know how you want to manage it while we work on the official plugin status manager ;) We can Pin the link on our website somewhere either on the Forum or Plugin Market. Thanks again both of you. Great work. This is what makes BT so special, everyone in the community plays a part in making all of our lives that little bit better. Kristen

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
12/29/16 03:07 AM (7 years ago)
Hi Kristen & Chris, thanks for those kind words and Kirsten, whichever way you want do this is fine with me. I'm glad you're looking to implement a plugin status manager as I do think this would have more value if it is official & centrally managed, equally I'm happy to contue to update the list in the interim. The current approach with my list is I report a summary of the issue, make a judgement about the impact and link to the detail. So there must be a forum entry describing a problem which can be hyperlinked and ideally the problem and any fix is corroborated by somebody. I'll keep my eye on the forums and update the list. If anyone notices one I missed, just let me know. Cheers, Alan

feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
12/29/16 03:19 PM (7 years ago)
Im loving the vibes in this post! Chris good to see you buddy!

Sherry
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 05, 2013
South Africa
12/31/16 03:32 AM (7 years ago)
Hi Chris I sent you a PM a while back regarding one little bug I found on the app copier plugin. When you copy an app the "navBarRightButtonTapLoadScreenItemId" keeps the screen id reference from the old app instead of automatically updating it to the new reference from the copied app which means you have to open each screen where you've added it, in my case right button HOME load screen Main Menu and copy and paste the new screenitemid for the Main Menu otherwise you get a plugin not found error.

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
12/31/16 06:43 AM (7 years ago)
Sherry - can you send me your dataUrl so I can take a look? Sorry if you previously did

Sherry
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 05, 2013
South Africa
01/01/17 11:47 AM (7 years ago)
Hi Chris I sent what I think you're looking for in a Buzztouch PM, please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks Sherry

miku
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 20, 2014
zagorje ob savi
01/02/17 03:43 AM (7 years ago)
Hello Chris, on 12/03/2015 I sent you PM: Calendar Events works fine in my iOS app, but Central Europen characters are unrecognisable. On my self-hosted I checked getEvents.php and encoding is UTF-8.

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
06/13/17 09:13 AM (6 years ago)
Chris, I sent you a PM a few days ago as well, but having issues with the search plugin. It now takes approx 10 seconds to load on iOS after most recent BT update. To be fair the app has a lot of screens, but used to take less than 1 second before. Josh

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.