Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 4    Views: 478

fusionsch
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 28, 2010
Montreux Switze...
07/30/21 08:35 AM (2 years ago)

All my self-hosted apps are dead. A function is deprecated!

Hi everybody (if anybody) The JSON doesn't format correctly anymore. Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated All my self-hosted apps are dead and I don't know what to do, and the users of my apps ask for help. Any idea? Cheers Jacques

WolfTimJ
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 20, 2011
Rockwall, TX
07/31/21 11:28 AM (2 years ago)
All my apps are self hosted, none are dead. Not sure why you have that problem.

fusionsch
I hate code!
Montreux Switze...
07/31/21 12:08 PM (2 years ago)
Trying to find... My ISP upgraded to PHP 7.4.3, maybe some error in the config of MySQL...

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
07/31/21 07:11 PM (2 years ago)
Hi Fusion! This is probably related to your host moving your PHP version to 7.4. There will probably be multiple things that need to be updated to have full compatibility with Buzztouch Self Hosted package. For your specific case, the error is happening in your utilityFunctions.php file (found at Includes > utilityFunctions.php in your Buzztouch Self Hosted directory). I've uploaded a patched version without "get_magic_quotes_gpc()" if anyone would like to use it to patch their server: http://www.buzztouch.com/resources/utilityFunctions.txt (be sure to backup your old utilityFunctions.php file first, then upload this one, changing the extension from .txt to .php) There may be other issues that you run into with your install, as the Self Hosted package still contains some legacy references to older PHP api. Let me know what issues you run into! Thanks!! Technical explanation: get_magic_quotes_gpc() was deprecated in PHP 5.4.0, and later removed for security reasons. Buzztouch Self Hosted instances still used this API from early PHP days, but it has now been removed in this patch. Read More: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61054418/php-7-4-deprecated-get-magic-quotes-gpc-function-alternative/61260285

fusionsch
I hate code!
Montreux Switze...
08/01/21 08:58 AM (2 years ago)
Thanks, Matt! There are still some issues, I have sent you a direct message! Cheers Jacques

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.