Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 6    Views: 379

manji
Apple Fan
Reg: Jun 03, 2013
Enfield
06/05/13 09:01 AM (10 years ago)

Missing navigation bar icons and menu buttons

Hi, I am currently carrying out an Apple Developer training course using Buzztouch and have encountered the following problems: • When I create a Button Menu and buttons and try to view it within the iOS Simulator, the menu row title appears however when I click it, the screen that appears displays no back button in the top navigation bar or any buttons within the screen itself. I have checked all the options and deleted/added new Button Menus but to no avail. If anyone could guide me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful as it is hindering my course progression. Thanks.

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
06/05/13 12:59 PM (10 years ago)
Hi @Manji, First of all, welcome to the Buzztouch! OK, so you create a button menu with buttons which you can see. From your post I understand that each button is connected to another button menu. Check the setting of these secondary button menu on your control panel. In "Top Navigation Bar" setting you should have "Solid Navigation Bar" selected in Nav bar style. Let us know how it goes!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/05/13 01:49 PM (10 years ago)
When you download your Buzztouch 'package', there is a document called 'instructions.pdf' that contains information vital to the successful launch of a BT Application. Most new people tend to over look that, but it's rather important. Lots of useful info in there! ;) Cheers! -- Smug

manji
Apple Fan
Enfield
06/06/13 01:04 AM (10 years ago)
Cheers for both of your help with this. I did initially download the instructions.pdf so all seems to be in order there after viewing the pdf. I have also double-checked my settings in the 'Top Navigation' bar and all seems to be in order there too (ie: 'Solid Navigation bar' selected) It generates the following code: {"itemId":"F4C017A3614BF1CCB647E3F", "itemType":"BT_screen_menuButtons", "itemNickname":"Buttons", "navBarTitleText":"Buttons", "navBarStyle":"solid", "navBarRightButtonType":"home", "navBarRightButtonTapLoadScreenItemId":"goHome"} However, when I refresh it in the iOS Simulator there is still no button on the top navigation bar of the menu buttons screen. Also no buttons appear within this screen even though I have chosen 'Menu buttons' Do you think it may be that I as I am a guest user I don't receive all the functionality? Thanks!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/06/13 01:47 AM (10 years ago)
Guest users have all the functionality as a BT Member. You have access to the same plugins and technology for no cost. The only limitation is the number of apps you can build (at a time). 3, I believe. The button menu (or any menu) needs items to populate it, so although it's a menu, without menu items you won't see any buttons. Go to the button menu control panel, and look to add some 'childItems', aka menu items. usually you will assign a screen to the button. Cheers! -- Smug

manji
Apple Fan
Enfield
06/06/13 06:00 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the info Smug. I added menu items, applied a background colour, and filled out some other properties within the menu control panel but it all fails to appear in the simulator. All that appears is a blank screen with a default bar at the top with no navigation buttons. I also tested adding a Custom HTML menu item, applying properties but even this doesn't seem to work as the screen that appears is the same as the one I get for the Button Menu. Very strange! What I may do is create a new app from scratch and see if I get the same results. Thanks again!

manji
Apple Fan
Enfield
06/06/13 06:29 AM (10 years ago)
Sorry all, I have just realised what the problem was. When I initially downloaded the code from Buzztouch not all of the plugins were selected so I downloaded it again and all is now in good working order! Many thanks again for your help!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.