FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
12/16/16 02:39 AM (7 years ago)

Privacy Policy

Hi Guys, ive suddenly had loads of emails from google play in regards to my apps using these permissions, Your app has an APK with version code 1 that requests the following permission(s): android.permission.CAMERA,android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO,android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE,android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS,android.permission.READ_CONTACTS. Apps using these permissions in an APK are required to have a privacy policy set. Whats the quickest way to set my privacy policy in google play as i have tried taking these permission out in an app, but doing that on all my apps would take while, while submitting privacy policy in play, takes seconds. Thanks Sean

Higgey
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 07, 2011
West Midlands
12/16/16 03:26 AM (7 years ago)
Hi Sean, I use one Privacy Policy on one webpage for all my apps. This means that I just need to paste the link to the webpage onto each Google Play Developer app page. It only takes a second. I can then update my Privacy Policy over time when I need to do so. I just update the one webpage that holds my Privacy Policy and all my apps are updated automatically. I used to use blogger to host my Privacy Policy but now I just use a webpage on some spare web space that I have. The main problem is finding a Privacy Policy. You can look around the net for some standard wording and then add to it and edit it over time. I hope that helps. John

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
12/16/16 04:15 AM (7 years ago)

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
12/16/16 04:29 AM (7 years ago)
Thanks guys :) Sean

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.