Discussion Forums  >  BT.com Website, Account Questions

Replies: 3    Views: 295

Theien
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 31, 2012
Colorado Spring...
07/09/14 06:42 PM (9 years ago)

Website Time

Ok this is a non-issue really, but it is a bit annoying. If you go to account settings it shows your time zone settings. The time is off by almost 5 minutes. Someone's clock is running a little fast :)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/09/14 08:05 PM (9 years ago)
When I was the Engineer for a local radio station, I ingeniously thought to sync our automation clocks with the broadcast network server which we subscribed to. What a mistake. It was off by almost a minute, which in radio terms, is a long, long time. Within the hour I reverted to the old nntp server, and learned my lesson: No one time server is entirely accurate, use the one that works best for you. No point to my comment; I'm just talking :) Cheers! -- Smug

Theien
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 31, 2012
Colorado Spring...
07/09/14 08:26 PM (9 years ago)
Hafa Adai! Yeah, I grew up around ham radio and subsequently learned about time servers and their accuracy and how much they can "drift". So I know exactly what you are talking about. I actually took a support call (I work PT for AT&T) where a lady was getting certificate errors, and my first instinct was to check her date and time, and sure enough the date was 2007. Most likely someone messed with the date settings, but I've seen dying motherboard batteries slow time down on a pc. Never by 7 years though haha.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
07/10/14 09:09 AM (9 years ago)
I spotted the Buzztouch time is out as well. This is the same time source that is used as part of the app refresh (I was doing some testing on this last week), so the wrong time could be an issue. I think that an app looks at the device time (and does a compare to the Buzztouch time-stamp and by comparing the two, decides if a refresh is needed. If the times are out of sync, an app might not refresh as soon as it otherwise might. Alan

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.