Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
10/07/17 11:35 AM (6 years ago)

Xcode 9 sizing problems?

Hi all. I remade my app in BT4, Xcode 9. It compiles with just 2 deprications if I use the default iOS 8. I do notice however that there are some sizing issues in the simulator and on a live device. All of the rows and fonts are about 1/3 smaller than when using Xcode 8 and the same device. Also, all of the screen background images no longer fill the entire background and the image that I use when the app is refreshing no longer auto fills the screen. I see like 1 1/2 of the images when the screen refreshes. Also, the nav bar fonts are a bit smaller and the back arrow is really HUGE. This seems to be a global issue and not a particular plugin issue. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, Dave

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
10/07/17 07:30 PM (6 years ago)
It's been easier for me to make a copy and update my BT3 projects. That said, I'm compiling for iOS 10 (after curing numerous warnings and errors) but I don't see any difference in the appearance; When I get it to work, it looks the same way it always did. Not sure if that helps or not, but it is what it is. I'm using xcode Version 9.0 (9A235) Cheers! -- Smug

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Upstate New Yor...
10/08/17 05:10 AM (6 years ago)
thanks Smug

tompos
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 19, 2013
Würzburg
10/18/17 09:02 AM (6 years ago)
Hi Dave, I just stumbled upon the same huge back arrow button (Xcode 9.0.1, BT4). This shows up only when I choose one of the simulators (iOS 11), not on my iPhone (still iOS 10). The back button is special because it is not generated from system resource like e. g., the refresh button (which scales correctly...): UIBarButtonItem *theRefreshButtonItem = [[UIBarButtonItem alloc] initWithBarButtonSystemItem:UIBarButtonSystemItemRefresh target:appDelegate action:refreshAppData]; Instead, the back button is generated in BT_viewcontroller.m by //use custom back button... UIImage *imgBack = [UIImage imageNamed:@"bt_back.png"]; imgBack = [imgBack imageWithRenderingMode:UIImageRenderingModeAlwaysTemplate]; UIButton *btnBack = [UIButton buttonWithType:UIButtonTypeCustom]; [btnBack addTarget:self action:sel forControlEvents:UIControlEventTouchUpInside]; btnBack.bounds = CGRectMake( 0, 0, 20, 30); [btnBack setImage:imgBack forState:UIControlStateNormal]; UIBarButtonItem *barBtnBack = [[UIBarButtonItem alloc] initWithCustomView:btnBack]; In https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46247451/ios-11-uibarbuttonitem-images-not-sizing I found a solution... If you add a corresponding snippet to the code in BT_viewController.m it should work... UIImage *imgBack = [UIImage imageNamed:@"bt_back.png"]; imgBack = [imgBack imageWithRenderingMode:UIImageRenderingModeAlwaysTemplate]; UIButton *btnBack = [UIButton buttonWithType:UIButtonTypeCustom]; [btnBack addTarget:self action:sel forControlEvents:UIControlEventTouchUpInside]; if (@available(iOS 9, *)) { [btnBack.widthAnchor constraintEqualToConstant: 20].active = YES; [btnBack.heightAnchor constraintEqualToConstant: 30].active = YES; } [btnBack setImage:imgBack forState:UIControlStateNormal]; ... Best wishes Thomas

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Upstate New Yor...
10/18/17 09:06 AM (6 years ago)
Nice! Thank you Thomas. I'll give it a try tonight. Appreciate the help! Dave

aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 22, 2011
location unknow...
01/24/18 04:43 AM (6 years ago)
have you guys updated to 9.2? I just made the update.. from 8.0... diving into the new set up. any issues aside from what you've run into Dave?

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Upstate New Yor...
01/24/18 05:37 AM (6 years ago)
Good morning. Been working on it for the past few nights. Posted a few fixes last night. Check out the newest form posts. Dave

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.