FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
04/24/17 10:21 AM (6 years ago)

Project error screen

hi guys, getting problem with xcode, im trying to updat an old app, so i downloaded new 4.0 cersion from self hosting, ive checked to make sure im only using plugins that have been updated to 4.0 problem is with first screen, amg button plus, made sure i copied over into plugins folder, but all i get is project error screen, there was a problem loading a screen, heres the log, ive refreshed and restarted everything, but still same error. update below Thanks for any advice Sean

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
04/25/17 02:02 AM (6 years ago)
I took the data url from your config, found the json for your app and copied it into my test app, which uses my buttons plus screen. I ran the app and got an error about a problem loading a screen as well. I may not have ALL your plugins in my build, but I thought it would at least load the home screen, which I do have Also, as is a known build to me and works OK, it suggests it isn't the xCode isn't the build process, so maybe it points to a json related issue. At no time did I ever re-download my project build. Then I went back & put my own app json back into my xcode project, ran it - no home screen, no errors, just blank. I tried deleting the app from my phone, copying my json back in again, it just would not run properly and it refused to refresh. I rebooted, tried again, always the same. I think it didn't have a home screen to run, but I do not know why. Sound similar to https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?fid=3E7E98410FC78C785A9CE5B&tid=3E7E98410FC78C785A9CE5B So I went back to a previous version of that app, copied the json from the old version, pasted it into my latest project, and this time the app ran OK and refreshes OK. You might try that? There is some wierdness going on.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
04/25/17 04:01 AM (6 years ago)
Thanks for your help Alan, tried what you suggested and found an old copy of the config, tried that same problem problem loading screen, Yesterday i did try and use the old version project from 2015, but i still get the same error, updated an old app couple weeks ago and didnt have this problem, update figured it out Alan, i noticed that the when putting the plugin in the project it was blue, instead of yellow like the rest of the folders, when i was transferring your amg across it had create folder references instead of create groups, so completely my fault dude, sorry for wasting your time, and thanks loads for your advice. Sean

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
04/25/17 05:14 AM (6 years ago)
Every now and then, that one come back and bites me too!

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
04/25/17 08:52 AM (6 years ago)
I know, felt like a right dick, when i realized, but xcode constantly make me feel stupid lol thanks for your help Al :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.