Discussion Forums  >  Suggestions, Ideas, Wish List

Replies: 12    Views: 358

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
04/03/16 03:13 AM (8 years ago)

BT Plugin Issues List & Management Suggestion

BT Plugin Issues & Management Suggestion I have been thinking about the state of plugins in the plugin market. Creating the market was a very good thing. Plugin authors come and go, thats natural, but when I buy a broken plugin I feel cheated. At he very least broken plugins can be irritating but I believe it hurts Buzztouch as a brand. So I have a proposal: 1) Identify the plugins that have issues 2) Use this information to manage the plugin market And I'd like to make a suggestion about how to centrally manage the broken plugins by somebody empowered. Firstly, I'd like the authors of problematic plugins given a chance to deal with them please in a reasonable timeframe; most do, some don't. For those that don't: 1) I'd like to see plugins that are no longer supported flagged in the market. 2) I'd like any broken plugins not dealt with by authors to be removed from the market or made free. 3) Any free broken plugins could be adopted by somebody else and charged for if maintained. As a community, we can identify the plugins; my contribution is to offer to collate the issues, maintain the list and publish this to the community. I have pulled something together and it is available here: <a href="http://bit.ly/1UAX1fF" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/1UAX1fF</a>. This is not an official list, just something I think would be useful. The idea the plugin issues list is to have a quick place to identify which plugins have issues that have been reported in the forum and the perceived plugin status. At the moment, there are 220 plugins in the market, of which I believe 15 have issues but are still very usable, 7 are broken, and there are another 9 which I'm not clear about. Plugin Name links to the market entry, allows you to confirm the plugin and check any details. Forum Issue Summary links to the forum entry with the issue detail. To make it onto the list, an issue needs to be described in a forum post. To make it off the list, the fix needs to be published. Benefits: - Help users quickly identify which plugins have known *current* issues. - Point to fixes where available. - Remind current plugin authors if their plugin has an issue. - Help clarify which plugins are broken/unsupported. This list is not meant to offend anyone and it is not there to point fingers at anyone. If you find this is or is not useful, a good or a bad idea, I'm interested to hear. What I'd like to ask is if you know of a plugin problem, post about it in the forum. If there is something that should be changed on the list, post it here and I am happy to keep it updated. Alan

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
04/03/16 06:56 AM (8 years ago)
What problems were you having with location map and cp stream exactly? They're working fine for me

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
04/03/16 07:39 AM (8 years ago)
Hi @CMCoffee, from the list at http://bit.ly/1UAX1fF just click on the text that summrises the issue, it takes you to the main thread with the detail. Just to clarify, these are not *my* issues (well maybe one or two), the list represents posts in the forums by anyone with a plugin issue, going back a year or so.

miku
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 20, 2014
zagorje ob savi
04/04/16 01:10 AM (8 years ago)
CMCOFFEE, your cp stream works fine? Mine works only on Android version 5.0 and lower, on 5.1 and 6.0 doesn't.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
04/04/16 03:10 PM (8 years ago)
Yea I looked but really need specifics to understand better Yes I never tested it higher than 5. Post the log at and I'll tell you how to fix it.

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Mildura, Austra...
04/04/16 07:28 PM (8 years ago)
@AlanMac thanks for compiling the list and especially linking to the forum posts and work arounds! I found an issue with my latest project using Chris1's Android RSS plugin. The plugin works great but if you tap the header image it crashes the app. There is code that hasn't been fully implemented (the tap header image to fire a URL like in other menu plugins). The work around is go the file /res/layout/cr_android_rss_list.xml and remove the line "android:onClick="headerOnClick". Cheers Darrel

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
04/05/16 09:58 AM (8 years ago)
To clarify it works co stream works on 5 and above if I compile below 5. Really everything easy to fix if you look in buzz touch code and/or google http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29351183/open-url-with-an-browser Just add that in headerOnClick method.if not there add it.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
04/05/16 12:22 PM (8 years ago)
@CMCoffee, sounds like you've identified the issue, will you be updating your plugin in the market?

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
04/05/16 12:29 PM (8 years ago)
@ictguy, I apprecicate the feedback, thank you. I've added your work-around to the list. The link for the issue currently points back to this post, but I think it would be better to put your work-around with an existing forum post where this issue is already documented - do you know of one? If not, starting one would be good aand Chris1 may pick up on it from the title using search.

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Mildura, Austra...
04/05/16 05:01 PM (8 years ago)
@CMCoffee Thanks for the reference to the onclick method. I wasn't using that functionality so I just disabled it in the xml. @AlanMac I'll post to the plugin page. Thanks!

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
04/05/16 06:29 PM (8 years ago)
Hi thats not my plugin but if I have that plugin so ill post a fix for that, for that section of code. If I have time Ill try to fix them all .

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
04/05/16 06:33 PM (8 years ago)
Ok I see , I didnt know the middle column was links

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
04/06/16 07:35 AM (8 years ago)
Hi @cmcoffee, I'm not familiar with CP stream, but I jsut want to understand please - when you said "To clarify it works co stream works on 5 and above if I compile below 5." Are you saying CP stream is OK? Or does @miku's point need a fix?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.