Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 3    Views: 546

Going-Viral
Apple Fan
Reg: Jun 13, 2011
Doncaster
11/19/11 12:34 PM (12 years ago)

iOS Archive Issue - Xcode 4.3

I am getting the following warning when trying to archive my app in Xcode 4.3: warning: iPhone apps with a deployment target lower than 4.3 should include an armv6 architecture (current IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = 3.0, ARCHS = armv7) I have downloaded the latest version of my app from BuzzTouch, opened the project in Xcode 4.3, added all relevant images, documents, etc... and tested on my iPhone 4S, no warnings or errors occurred when building the app for my device or iPhone Simulator. However, the warning is generated when trying to archive the app, also when trying to validate the app for upload to iTunes Connect, the warning appears again. Can someone, please advise as how to resolve this issue?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
11/19/11 02:20 PM (12 years ago)
In your Xcode project, on the Build Settings tab, there is a Valid Architectures setting. You need to have armv6 and armv7 here. Click on the current one (has a weird string), and rename it to armv6. Then add another, armv7. Make sure it's reflected for both Development and Deployment. Clean your app, and try running again...everything should work! Mark

Going-Viral
Apple Fan
Doncaster
11/20/11 06:36 AM (12 years ago)
Hi Mark Under Targets > Build Settings > Valid Architectures it shows armv6 armv7 and the same for both Debug and Release too. I've tried creating a fresh project, cleaning and re-building but I am still getting the same issue, arrrggghh! Forgot to mention this message to, but I guess it's cos of the first error: iPhone/iPod Touch: application executable is missing a required architecture. At least one of the following architecture(s) must be present: armv6 (-19033) Any other thoughts?

Going-Viral
Apple Fan
Doncaster
11/20/11 07:02 AM (12 years ago)
Ok, I saw that weird string thing you meant in the other tab Architectures, so I removed that and then added armv6 and armv7 entries, clean and then build for archive and hey presto it worked. Many thanks :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.