Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 10    Views: 107

RussFAR
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 03, 2014
Buffalo, NY
01/25/14 12:52 AM (10 years ago)

(Solved) Push Notifications .pem upload self hosted

I realized I never set up my push notifications in BT. Apple messaged me that i had a APN file but nothing setup certificate wise. I exported my certs and keys into the appropriate p12 files one for development and one for production. I then converted them to .pem files with the website link in the how to section. I was having trouble with the terminal method. now i get "Invalid File Type. .pem files only. You tried to upload a file named StorybookDevCert.pem" from BT self hosted CP. The dots are red next to the developer and production area above upload pem

RussFAR
Aspiring developer
Buffalo, NY
01/25/14 07:13 AM (10 years ago)
Invalid File Type. .pem files only. You tried to upload a file named StorybookDevCert.pem Anyone ever seen anything like this? Doesn't make sense I don't know what else to try. I redownloaed the certs and remade the pen dil. still nothing. it is self hosted server.

RussFAR
Aspiring developer
Buffalo, NY
01/25/14 07:14 AM (10 years ago)
same errors on BT hosted server

RussFAR
Aspiring developer
Buffalo, NY
01/25/14 10:32 AM (10 years ago)
ok I started all over. revoked all certificates, deleted all keychains downloaded certs pen p12 everything associated. Then started all over. i only prepared for development this time like the bt tutorial shows. I follow all the steps with apple and keychains everything is green. then i update my bt control panel to prompt for push notifications and reset the register device URL. I go over to push notifications and both dots are (like they should be at this point) then i select the .pem file, random phrase select developer and upload. I still get this error :"Invalid File Type. .pem files only. You tried to upload a file named Certificates.pem" I have no where to go because the error contradicts itself. the .pem file is not a .pem? so frustrating.....

Chris from Staffor...
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 14, 2013
Stafford
01/25/14 10:49 AM (10 years ago)
Yes I have same problem can't upload the pem file I think buzztouch control panel needs fixing

RussFAR
Aspiring developer
Buffalo, NY
01/25/14 10:54 AM (10 years ago)
Now I have made the .pem in terminal. I thought maybe using the website to make the pen was the problem. SAME ISSUE. The pen file made by terminal gets the same error from BT self hosted control panel. If anyone cares lol

RussFAR
Aspiring developer
Buffalo, NY
01/25/14 11:09 AM (10 years ago)
sux. I wish they would just say that somewhere instead I'm over here assuming its my fault. I have followed all steps and retried the process 3 times. Is there an alternative? what is parse? I saw your other post. I literally just signed up for paid membership like 3 days ago. Literally just to have the c panel on my server to do my own notifications. I can't believe there isn't a "push notifications" or "pen issues" category in the forum. Super frustrating.

Chris from Staffor...
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 14, 2013
Stafford
01/25/14 11:45 AM (10 years ago)
I had a look at parse but the instructions we're a bit confusing as I'm a bit of a novice. Push notifications seem to be not working with the new bt core 3.0 I have everything set up with android and it all works except the notifications don't appear on the device. With iOS I just can't upload the pem file so can't see if it works No one yet has been able to answer why this is

WolfTimJ
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 20, 2011
Rockwall, TX
01/25/14 02:11 PM (10 years ago)
It's been answered a while back, for self hosted though. FIXED: In BT-server/bt_v15/bt_app change line 431 of file: bt_pushNotifications.php <<OLD>> //if(strtolower($userfile_type) != "application/octet-stream" || strtolower($file_ext) != "pem"){ <<NEW>> if(strtolower($userfile_type) != "application/x-x509-ca-cert" || strtolower($file_ext) != "pem"){ If you want to see how the old code was broken; I inserted this line to get visible output in the control panel that showed what the variables were set to. It was then apparent where the mismatch was: $strMessage = "<br/>file_ext is: " . $file_ext . " filename is: " . $filename . " userfile_type is: " . $userfile_type; -Tim

RussFAR
Aspiring developer
Buffalo, NY
01/25/14 03:32 PM (10 years ago)
THIS TOTALLY WORKS!!! Remember to refresh/reset browser. It doesn't work on the buzz touch server control panel but I think that is intended because I believe they only offer push for members.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
01/26/14 11:03 AM (10 years ago)
Russ, you are a Member. It should work on the Buzztouch.com server for you. Does it? -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.