New York
11/04/14 12:25 PM (9 years ago)

App Rejected Call Us and Email Us Plugin

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
11/04/14 12:36 PM (9 years ago)
That seems like a dumb rejection....especially the Call Us one. Are they saying we're supposed to remove menu items dynamically based on the type of device that people are using? So iPad users shoudn't see that menu option? I don't know of any other app that has that requirement. I'd argue with them on this. Maybe the email issue is because an email account wasn't set up yet? Because certainly the device is capable of sending emails. If you can repro this issue in a simulator, and show us some debug logs, perhaps we can see what's going on. Mark

freesoftwarewiz
Code is Art
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
orange city, fl
11/04/14 01:19 PM (9 years ago)
Ah the inconsistencies of "human" reviewers! I feel for you kingston - we had the same issue with an App months ago. The easy fix was, we withdrew the App, changed the name, etc. and resubmitted a week later, where we got a different reviewer. If memory serves, we also added some text to the App description that 'certain functionality only working with iphone users'. Of course, these days I would probably change BT_device (which tests if the device can email/sms/call) to set some more global flags, and then, as GoNorthWest implies, disable menu items that use/need those capabilities. And/or add an error trap to change or eliminate those errors in the menu. Hope that helps, and I wish you luck. :-) Joe C.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
11/04/14 03:25 PM (9 years ago)
I had something similar, but my app was immediately approved when I pushed back. https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=FBDF3AB04B01670059F7754&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage=1

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
11/04/14 11:19 PM (9 years ago)
Apple asks for graceful degradation. Those screenshots show exactly what Apple has asked. The app did not crash. I would have a discussion with Apple's reviewer. You have done nothing wrong. Jokingly -- throw a Quiz in there to distract the Reviewer! :-) -- Niraj

orangetraining
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 11, 2012
Maplewood
11/23/14 04:55 AM (9 years ago)
I agree with Niraj. The reviewers are very inconsistent. Sometimes they will reject your app for the littlest detail, and next time they will approve it. I got rejected once because the ad banner was slightly too big, and covered a non-essential button ever so slightly. I moved it, and resubmitted and was approved

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.