Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 5    Views: 316

NicoRacing
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 25, 2013
Hyeres
11/21/13 12:22 PM (10 years ago)

Paid app without going to App Store

Hi guys, I've made a very simple paid app, so far only for Android, and since it's about a technical topci that doesn't interest everybody, I don't expect many downloads. If I don't aim being rich through it, I'd like not to lose money either. On Google Play, the fee of 25 dollars for ever is easy to cope with. :) However on the App Store, the fee of 100 dollars a year makes it less appealing. But some technicians tell me they'd like to install the app on their iphone, since they don't have to Android phones. Fair enough, and that's for those guys I've made the app in the first place. For free apps, I suppose I can create a QR code and go on with it. For paid apps, is there another platform where I can release IOS apps ? Or is there a way not to have to pay those $100 per year ? Or can I release it through a QR code and have a paid one-time login system from the free app to the paid app ? I know I sound cheap but : 1- these small-scale numbers still have to make sense; 2- if I'm lucky enough to make 75 dollars with my app I want to spend them in a BT membership (I'm very new but the more I discover, the more I like it, and of course the more I should support), not in App store (they already take 30% like Google Play after all); 3- I am cheap... Cheers ! Nico

EdReyes
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 21, 2013
location unknow...
11/21/13 12:27 PM (10 years ago)
my guess would be to have another developer submit it under them, that already paid the 99 maybe we should set up a buzztouch crowd funding section

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/21/13 02:16 PM (10 years ago)
There is only one 'official' way to get an iOS app onto a phone without going through the app store, and that is to have the device on your list of test devices in your itunes control panel. otherwise, you need to process it through the apple app store for release. (This says nothing of 'jailbreak', which I understand will allow you to install 'un-approved' apps. But it's not going to be a commercial solution, regardless of how small. Or like Ed suggests you can ask a developer to publish for you. Not desirable, but possible. Cheers! -- Smug

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
11/21/13 05:38 PM (10 years ago)
You'd be surprised Smug... I have an app on Cydia (the app store for jailbroken devices), that actually makes a lot more money than most of my other apps in the apple app store put together ;) I charge $6.99 on Cydia, and do quite well with it, even with the fact that no jailbreak is available for iOS7.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/21/13 05:48 PM (10 years ago)
Interesting. I was not aware of that. Cheers! -- Smug

NicoRacing
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 25, 2013
Hyeres
11/22/13 10:21 AM (10 years ago)
Interesting comments. Thank you. Nico

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.