Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 7    Views: 416

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
05/21/13 01:30 PM (10 years ago)

rejection due to webView:didFinishLoadForFrame:

"We found the following non-public API/s in your app: webView:didFinishLoadForFrame: If you have defined methods in your source code with the same names as the above-mentioned APIs, we suggest altering your method names so that they no longer collide with Apple's private APIs to avoid your application being flagged in future submissions. Additionally, one or more of the above-mentioned APIs may reside in a static library included with your application. If you do not have access to the library's source, you may be able to search the compiled binary using "strings" or "otool" command line tools. The "strings" tool can output a list of the methods that the library calls and "otool -ov" will output the Objective-C class structures and their defined methods. These techniques can help you narrow down where the problematic code resides." Apparently its in a static library somewhere.

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Denver
05/21/13 01:37 PM (10 years ago)
hmmm... think i found it. I'm dl'd sparkinspector and installed their library in the xcode project. Not a buzztouch issue.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/21/13 11:48 PM (10 years ago)
How did you like Spark Inspector? -- Niraj

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Denver
05/22/13 05:46 AM (10 years ago)
Its neat but a bit above me. You really need to know what your doing to use this for debugging.

bengotow
I hate code!
Reg: May 22, 2013
NYC
05/22/13 03:28 PM (10 years ago)
Hey folks—Ben here. I'm the developer of the Spark Inspector. First I'd like to apologize for your app getting rejected! The issue is that linking the Spark Inspector into your app in the "Link Binary with Libraries" build phase adds blacklisted code, even if you don't call [SparkInspector enableObservation]; After I heard about this happening last week, we released v1.0.7 which changes the way the setup assistant works. Instead of adding the Spark Inspector framework to your target's build phases, it adds "-framework SparkInspector" to the "Other Linker Flags" for the "Debug" build configuration. That prevents the Spark Inspector's code from being linked into release builds, so folks won't run into that problem in the future. Sorry to cost you a week in app store review! I hope you guys enjoy the app. Feel free to post your thoughts and feedback over on our support forum.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/22/13 09:59 PM (10 years ago)
Ben -- thanks for taking the time to find your users and to meet them on their turf. Best wishes on an innovative tool! :-) As you find-make time, please come back and take a deeper look at BuzzTouch in how the framework enables novices to make native iOS and Android apps. -- Niraj

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
05/23/13 08:21 PM (10 years ago)
Ben - I agree with Niraj 100% There's so many third-party frameworks out there that could be awesome with Buzztouch. You should definitely stay involved with this community, as there's a lot of us making apps here! And who knows, maybe you could even create a plugin that helps integrate your framework into our apps. :)

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
05/23/13 08:23 PM (10 years ago)
Oh, and there seems to be something wrong with sparkinspector.com? I just tried loading it in my browser (FF 20, OSX) and I get errors on the videos and a poorly formatted header.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.