Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 3    Views: 226

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
07/21/14 03:25 PM (9 years ago)

Passing the Lng/Lat

I'm looking for a strategy to add an additional menu item to the LocationMap plugin, otherwise known as BT_screen_map, and to pass the current Marker Pin's Latitude/Longitude to it.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/21/14 07:53 PM (9 years ago)
If you could, provide a 'user scenario' of what you're asking. I'm not quite understanding the question. Cheers! -- Smug

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
07/21/14 08:21 PM (9 years ago)
When you tap on a red marker pin in LocationMap, aka screen_map, a bubble pops up, asking if you want driving directions. * "i" in a Circle, then a new action sheet with 'driving directions' iOS * one bubble, one sheet, "directions" in Android). Then options OK or cancel. I'd like to add another menu choice, in addition to Directions, that will go to the customHTML plugin - for which would need the Lat/Lng of the marker pin. The iOS and Android versions are so different. Too bad they are so different, makes it harder for the developer to make a consistent user experience.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/22/14 12:20 AM (9 years ago)
Oh, gotcha. I have 'done' that (in my Smug Offline Map Kit) but I didn't include it 'as part of the design'. I created it to mimic the Location Map (BT_screen_map) functionality. That being said, 'either one' of those plugins can be altered to have that functionality. It would require some alteration of the callout code to accomodate both functions, with a button for each. It's actually easier to do this (and make it pretty) with the BT_screen_map because it uses common libraries for the callouts. With mine, I had to create a custom callout that I'm still not completely happy about, but so goes life. Cheers! -- Smug And after all is said and done, the Android callouts are *still* going to be different that what is in iOS. I wouldn't worry about a 'consistant' user experience; Android users are used to the Android UI, and Apple users are used to the iPhone UI. As long as the 'consistancy' applies to the platform, no big deal. Snoop through here for iOS: http://nfarina.com/post/78014139253/smcalloutview-for-ios-7 There really isn't anything custom (that I've found, anyway) for Android. Yet.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.