Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 1    Views: 236

yourtownapps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 08, 2012
Collingswood, N...
11/02/14 03:57 PM (9 years ago)

ios Point to Point directions

I continue working on a series of destination information and driving tour apps. For the driving tour, I would like to provide the viewer with both information about where they are (the html link on an iOS map) and how to get to the next stop. Has any one had any luck with incorporating directions apis from one of the standard mapping sources into their iOS apps, and if so, which one?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/02/14 08:59 PM (9 years ago)
Although it's not an 'api', both the BT Location Map, and my Offline Map Kit have the ability to utilize 'google' driving directions. Providing the developer has allowed for 'driving directions', if you tap on a location marker on the map, a popup bubble will provide basic information about the location, and a button to 'go to' driving directions. The user taps the button, and another popup asks them if they'd like directions. Acknowledgement will take them out of the app, and into a Google Map with driving directions. Try it on the Location Map. It's easiest and free. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.